Election Day Party

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Chrissy Cross, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

But his number did go up so he had to win more electorals which could have been AZ;) We'll know soon. I'm sure you saw it yvonne, the internet is just flooded!! The new map I put up was from another site and it shows pinkish, but I think they are going red, must be??

2. Denise Evans

Registered

I don't even think these sites are reliable, I thought we won Florida way back and it shows he's only leading there.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

4. Denise Evans

Registered

I wouldn't have though CO and NM would go with hillary, omg:(

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Someone around that can tell me if this is a reliable source, politico?? Ken said he thought it was. I see a lot of "green" States that we should how results in by now. I guess there are issues though, and people said it could be days before the final votes are in:(

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Of the states that have been called so far, Donald Trump has 168 electoral votes and Hillary Clinton has 131. But, of the ones that haven't been called, Trump is leading in New Hampshire (4), North Carolina (15), Georgia (16), Florida (29), Michigan (16), Wisconsin (10), Arizona (11), Arizona (6), and Idaho (4), plus Maine's 2nd District (1), the numbers in parenthesis being the electoral votes), while Hillary is leading in Maine (3), Pennsylvania (20), and Iowa (6). Washington (12), Oregon (7), and California (55) don't have any votes in yet. If Trump wins in every state he is currently ahead in, he will have 279 electoral votes, seven more than he needs to win, regardless of what happens with the others. However, some of the states he has a lead in are close, while the states that Hillary has a lead in are not at all close. That's from the numbers given by NBC News.

However, the Bangor Daily News in Maine, which has the most current numbers for Maine, currently shows Trump and Clinton tied for all of Maine. He will win Maine's 2nd District easily but if he also wins the popular vote in Maine, he would pick up two additional electoral votes.

New Hampshire and Michigan are closest of Trump's states, with Trump leading 48.0 to 46.9 in Michigan, and 48.4 to 46.2 in New Hampshire. Unless they come up with a truckload of Hillary votes somewhere, Trump should win the others easily. It could change because there are still a lot of votes out in some of them, but it's looking good. Fox just called Florida for Trump.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that is how they set it up sometimes for the rigged voting to work. Once the main voting is done, then if they have states which are disputed, they can just "re-count" in those states and get the votes they need to win. It seems to me like that happened once before and it took them several times of re-counting Florida to finally agree they had it right, and it did make a difference to who won.

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

202 for hillary, 216 for Trump, New York Times, believe it or not, is saying that there is a 94% chance that Trump will be our next President

9. Denise Evans

Registered

I found my guys at Right Side FINALLY I found them they are on Youtube, just type in Right Side Broadcasting, and they ARE up to date tonight!!

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Trump has won Florida according to RIGHTSIDE. I hope they are right, LOL!!

Here's the link, got it:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

NBC News just changed the electoral map to 209 for Clinton and 187 for Trump, but that includes Washington, Oregon and California, which we didn't think he was going to win anyhow.

Hillary needs to pick up 61 more electoral votes, and the only states she has in play right now are Minnesota (10), Iowa (6), and Pennsylvania (20). She would need to pick up 25 more electoral votes from states that Trump is currently leading in.

Oh yes, I forgot Alaska and Hawaii. Hawaii (4) is already counted for Hillary, so that's already figured into her 209 electoral votes. Alaska (3) is still out, and I'm thinking that it's likely to go strongly for Trump.

That would mean that if he maintains his lead in the states he's leading in, plus picks up Alaska, he will have 12 more electoral votes than he needs.

Also, there is an off chance that he could pick up three electoral votes from Maine instead of only the one. He is tied with Hillary right now in Maine. Obama got more than 56% of the vote in Maine in 2012, and almost 58% in 2008. I think the last time Maine has voted for a Republican in a presidential election was in 1884, when the Republican candidate was James Blaine, who lost to Grover Cleveland. It's still a longshot that Trump would win the popular vote in Maine, but it will be close.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Hillary has CA, WA, OR, and HI, but no surprise according to RightSide. So, Trump can still win though, even though, pray, and pray some more!!

13. Denise Evans

Registered

Politico didn't keep up so as long as I can keep up, or stay up, I will report from RightSide. Go Trump!!

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It is still anyone's guess what we wake up to tomorrow though, but I am glad that it is at least looking good for our guy. I have that echocardiogram in the morning, so I am headed off to bed for tonight. There could still be surprises in some of the Western states, I think.

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

Sorry I didn't see this sooner but getting some late dinner @yvonne;) Yes, it could be some sort of an attempt to derail Trump, he is doing way well!!