Ella & Bubba

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ken Anderson, May 28, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Okay, he's had more than an hour of that, and my butt was hurting, so I bribed him with some treats and have my chair back now.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

We bought a new range, and it was delivered today. Because they would be taking the old one out and moving a new one in, I knew that our front doors would be open for a while so I shut both Ella and Bubba up in the library, which is usually Ella's sanctuary away from Bubba. As expected, Bubba loved the experience and now assumes that he should have the right to go there whenever he wants, while Ella was furious. I could hear some hissing going on in there.

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope as you didn’t find any fur and blood :( after putting Ella and bubba in the room together

Mary Stetler and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Kate Ellery

Registered

We have a cat in Adelaide we take care of about 3 ~ 4 times a year for weeks at a time , we may visit the cats owners a couple of times a year and as soon as the cat hears our voices he will appear at the door before we even get a chance to walk inside , so they must have good memories for voices as well. @Ken Anderson

Sammy ,
    We always take our own bedding / towels to any house sits ,and Sammy always “ helps “ DH make the bed up as with our Linen as shown in photo

( I can’t left very heavy mattress to tuck sheets so DH always makes the bed )
    IMG_6729.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    Mary Stetler likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

They have great memories for pretty much everything that works in their favor. However, when it comes to things they're not supposed to do, they just can't seem to remember them.

"Oh, I'm not supposed to knock that onto the floor? You should have told me!"

"That was hours ago, I forgot."

6. Ken Anderson

And yet, call them from two feet away, and they won't hear a thing unless it's an invitation for a treat.

7. Kate Ellery

Registered

Another photo of Sam , sitting as close as he can to DH so he gets more pats

Sam is a Birman cat altho he looks allot like a rag doll , he’s now got a younger sister who’s a real pain at times simply because she’s got some brain damage and swings her head from side to side and I can’t tell you how many times she’s almost tripped me

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

9. Kate Ellery

Registered

10. Ken Anderson

When I give my cats treats, I always offer them in the same place, near where I keep the treats. Ella's place is on top of a desk, while Bubba's is on top of a dresser next to the desk. Going on twelve, Ella sometimes has trouble jumping. I'm not sure what the problem is, but sometimes she only gets a few inches off the floor, while she can make the leaps at other times. When I offer to help her up, she gets insulted and will even walk away from treats if I don't let her jump up on the desk on her own.

A couple of times, although he has no trouble jumping, I lifted Bubba up to his spot to show Ella that there's no shame in letting me lift her up. That didn't work; Ella still won't let me help her. However, at least half the time now, Bubba, the lazy bastard, will wait for me to lift him to his spot

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I was chatting with a woman at ALDI the other day. She was buying a can of aerosol whipped cream...for her cat. Apparently, her cat has a brand preference. At least it likes the cheap generic and not Reddi-Wip.

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Ella will come around eventually. I was grumpy when people were offering to help me with stuff too. I would thank them and then load my feed bags myself. What? did they think I looked OLD or something? But my daughter said, Mom. Why don't you just let them help you. I tried it and smiled for the help, eventually. But I am not using one of those electric carts!!! I have too much road rage.:mad:

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

bubstail.png

Typing can be difficult while Bubba watches television.