Elon Musk

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

musks phone will be capable of neuron transmission...another deep rabbit hole

2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Looking forward to those people who targeted conservatives face lawsuits by those individuals who were wrongfully bumped for being conservative. Today's leftist are simply communist using another name. Their leaders have groomed them well handing out money that belongs to we the tax payers. Surly there will be someone who stops these people in our government from committing true sedition as they are today, they actually have the nerve to call other Americans seditious for upholding our laws and our leaders responsible. One of the greatest wins of the midterm was sending nancy to retirement. Now be sure to watch that HBO special on nancy written by her daughter. It shows the level of contempt for America by these super thieves like her and her entire family. Remember it took a simple tax law to take down Al Capone, so can happen with today's thieves in government, all we need is a real AG to step up and do their job, not those losers we saw in the Trump administration. He did a lot of good without any help or support by the nest of criminals holding America hostage. He lives in their minds and I hope they have a lot of sleepless nights this next two years.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Teresa Levitt

Registered

you have great optimizem in a whirlwind of evil...yes...we can pray for that miracle..

Don Alaska and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  4. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

In the mid 90s the Furnace Creek Resort which was over 50 miles from where I lived in the edge of Death Valley so they decided to buy a mobile phone system to keep in touch with their wrecker driver. It cost 900 dollars a month. Needless to say they got pretty used to it in about one month and just quit using it. Due to the altitude being below sea level there were no cell phone towers able to relay anything. I really came close to moving out there and working but with two dogs it would have kept me worried all day wondering if the two dogs were cool enough. I had a large Dodge motor home and water coolers and the electricity would have been free had I took the job, but still I didn't want to take a chance losing my two kids. Sometimes I look back and wish I could do a redo. It was nice there at the Resort, two free meals each day and free room which was a trailer. The wrecker driver told me that his place had a large air conditioner in every room and you could still put your back against a wall and it was hot. I totally believe that. Reminds me I need to fire up my scanner soon and post those photos of the old dugouts that Charles Manson and his group had lived in before they migrated to California. It was originally Indian homes long ago and they are still standing today. It was 24 miles to Shoshone California from where I lived in Nevada. So desolate the California Highway Patrolman for that route had to rent an apartment in Pahrump where I lived, of course he didn't pay the rent but it was the best way to have a trooper way out there so he was able to be on duty all the time and had lots of backup from the Nevada Sheriffs.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Where did you hear this?

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Musk is working on a chip [neuralink] to be implanted in the brain "for the restoration of sensory and motor function and the treatment of neurological disorders." It is also targeted to those who are paralyzed, providing a way for these people to control external devices. From the linked article: "Musk has also confirmed that the chips will be able to halt 'rapid firing' in patients with OCD, and could stimulate the release of chemicals including serotonin and oxytocin."

So, yeh, those folks (or anyone who gets chipped) could use it to control smartphones...or televisions...or WiFi sous vide machines...or I guess even computer-controlled vehicles.

Thomas Stillhere and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

Now if we can just invent something to print money when we need it. Somehow I feel that the property rooms of the FBI contain nothing of value any longer. It must cost a lot to buy a G-Man today.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Teresa Levitt

Registered

on utube he showed his phone...explained capabilities...named price

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Now it appears that Musk is in a free speech war with Apple and Ron DeSantis has jumped in on the side of Musk. DeSantis stated that you shouldn't kowtow to the CCP then try to strangle free speech in the U.S. Some are saying that Apple is trying to implement a Social Credit system similar to China upon the users of Apple products. Some are now beginning to look into Apple as a monopoly, since they have complete control over their platforms.

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The latest is that Elon Musk went to see Tim Cook, and they discussed the whole thing. Like often happens, it was simply blown out of proportion, and Tim said that Apple has never even considered removing the Twitter app.
    The whole story was apparently just drama.

John West and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Either that or Cook backed down when confronted. I suspect that Musk can be an awesome force when crossed.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Whatever happened, the situation seems to be resolved , at least at this point. I can’t see where it would be in the best interests of Apple to lose Twitter and Tesla apps, and there would be a huge outrage if Apple did that.
    From my Twitter page ……

D0B0C73E-88FF-4E86-A133-2F69A1EA606A.jpeg

John West and Don Alaska like this.
  13. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When I read that this morning, two things crossed my mind. First, I wondered if Apple's board and/or major shareholders told him not to go to war with Musk, which could have been very bad for Apple's business. Second, one of the local New England political dipsticks (i.e., Ed Markey of MA, whose main talent is trying to jump on some headline-generating controversy) has decided to go the other direction and declare war on Musk/Twitter by trying to sic the FTC on them.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I see the EU is now considering banning Twitter. They must be threatened by something. I believe Musk is threatening to expose how the platform has interfered with elections on both sides of The Pond, and the Establishment is trying to stop him from doing that.

15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

It gets interestinger and intrestinger.

[​IMG]

Don Alaska likes this.