Elon Musk

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They are going over the banning of President Trump’s account right now, and also the meetings with the FBI, etc. I have been following along as they are releasing it.

9BB78029-81EA-4ADE-9C80-A5D99E2B9B14.jpeg

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

The FBI (and all 3 letter agencies) were in on it. How can the FBI be involved in the investigation?

Krystal Shay and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I understand there was another release of information form Twitter today, but have not seen it. Does anyone know what was in it? Since the lawyer that was removing the FBI references in the previous release is now gone, I wonder what, if anything, will be released next. I know there is a pending lawsuit about the Arizona Attorney General's office using the power of the office to silence pro-Lake tweets.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

This report is about President Trump being silenced even before the 2020 election, @Don Alaska . I have been following some of it last night as it was coming out, bit there are a lot of side discussions that I don’t see because they are in special chat groups.
    This morning, I am seeing people on Twitter that I have never seen on there tweeting before, and they are all saying that Twitter and the government agencies conspired to take down the president’s Twitter account, and silence his voice.
    The idea that this was because of the Jan 6 protest is not so, because they were doing this well before the election even took place, and January was just the final excuse to shut down his account completely.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

Lots of the previously banned conservative accounts have been reinstated and some are reporting gaining over 2,000,000 followers in a very short period of time.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. John Brunner

Here's a Daily Caller article from today titled "Twitter’s Chief Censor Met Weekly With US Intelligence Officials While Trump Was In Office, Internal Comms Reveal"

It also leads to a Twitter string regarding complicity in the Hunter Biden Laptop story:

This post about the Hunter Biden laptop situation shows that Roth not only met weekly with the FBI and DHS, but with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI):

Hunter Laptop Twitter.jpg

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  7. John Brunner

8. John Brunner

9. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

He’s an impressive guy.

PayPal
    Tesla
    SpaceX
    StarLink
    The Boring Company
    Twitter

What did I leave out? Amazing how much one can cram into a life.

edit: oops, just noticed this thread was many pages, probably stating the obvious by now.

10. John Brunner

It is impressive. And don't worry about restating stuff. I would not have gone through anything longer than 2-3 pages.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Elon Musk is a bit like Thomas Edison in that he didn't invent most of the things that his name is connected to. Rather, he has varied interests and the funds to invest in the people who do invent these things.

12. John Brunner

13. Yvonne Smith

Elon Musk developed a fast transportation method , called Hyperloop. They were going to build one in California, but have not done that; but I think that I read that they are using his method in places in Europe already. It works on vacuum and uses minimal power, once it is constructed. This might be part of the Boring Company.

He also has Neuralink, which is one that I am on the fence about. It is to better help connect the brain and body of people who are paralyzed and enable them to have controlled movements in their bodies, and for other instances where something like this could help a person have a better life.
    I am all for this, and I think that it would be a completely blessing in the lives of many people; however, like many things, it could be used for possible outside control of people, since it would be an implanted chip into their brain (as an understand the concept).

Everything that I have seen that Elon has developed seems to be with the intent of helping mankind , and not just making himself richer. He has provided Starlink several times when people had no way to communicate, like in Ukraine and also for the hurricane in Florida, and I am sure I have read of other times that I do not recall specifics.

When the boys in Thailand were trapped in the cave, he dropped everything else when they asked Musk for help, and put the crews from all his businesses working on making the little submarine that the rescuers were asking him for. They ended up not being able to use it, but by then he had designed, created, and tested the mini-sub and sent it to Thailand in case they could use it to help….. all at his time and expense.

This is an older story about the whole event, and if you read through the tweets, there is a video of the mini-sub being tested before it was shipped to Thailand. (The story focuses on a twitter argument , but also gives a lot of good details about what actually transpired. )

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/18/17576302/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescue-submarine

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The latest Twitter release was done on a Monday (today) and there are live analyses going on, notably by Bari Weiss. This release is about Trump and how he was banned even though many national leaders around the world advocate violence and allowed to post on Twitter. Apparently, Trump was banned for using the term "Patriots" to refer to people who voted for him. Interesting that the leader of Iran can call for the destruction of Israel and Jews and the President of Indonesia can advocate for Muslims using violence but are not banned form Twitter.

Apparently, many are saying this would give Trump legal basis to go after former and current Twitter employees should he choose to do so.

Mary Stetler and Tom Galty like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm reserving judgement on Musk, but I have to admit that I like his style. He has the money and the chutzpah to state his opinion and not cower from the woke mob.

(And as an aside to Scott Kelly, is it necessary to wear your astronaut space suit on Twitter? Do you think people won't know "who you are" without the props? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.