Elon Musk

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There are three investigations into Musk now, two of which are in retaliation for his bucking the system. He is talking of moving Twitter to Texas to avoid San Francisco. More taxes for Texas and less for California.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

3. John Brunner

4. John Brunner

Twitter has suspended the account of prominent liberal journalist Aaron Rupar as well as reporters from CNN, The New York Times and The Washington Post who have covered Elon Musk. Rupar, who has more than 788,000 followers, had his account suspended the day after Twitter suspended then restored an account that followed the movements of the billionaire’s private jet.

Criticizing me all day long is totally fine, but doxxing my real-time location and endangering my family is not,” Mr Musk tweeted on Thursday night. Mr Musk then tweeted that the accounts would be suspended from his $44bn platform for one week.

Link

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

There is talk of a lawsuit as well, and I do not blame Musk one bit for taking action. Because of the information that was put out about the plane and his family, hecklers found and attacked the car that Elon’s little son was riding in, thinking that Elon was in the vehicle. They forced the car to stop and were actually on top of the car and beating on it before they could be stopped.
    I think that anyone who’s child’s life was endangered like that would be outraged at the people who caused it. A week’s ban seems pretty short to me, but if he files a lawsuit, then maybe people will get the idea not to do this when they do not like someone on Twitter.

Update: one of the suspended guys is now using his dog’s account to complain about mistreatment ! ! (Keith Oberman’s dogs)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  6. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It's no secret that there are a number of hate-filled people among leftist "reporters" who wouldn't lose any sleep if their actions resulted in people they don't like getting attacked or hurt. They should be sued. You have to wonder how they'd respond to getting doxxed, followed, harassed or worse..

7. John Brunner

I am in a gun owner's group and people have doxxed some us from the CHP Holder's list they get under Freedom of Info Act. They are intentio9nally causing issues by posting the addresses where gun owners live. Interestingly, they never do that in NYC, where only the connected & the elite are issued permits. For "some reason" the corrupted systems where only a few get their rights go nonscrutinized.

"Journalists," my butt.

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Constitutional carry is the remedy for incidents of that. No lists. I was told that survivalists in Idaho were selling lists of the addresses of Mormon families so everyone would know where to go in case of collapse. Leftists publishing the home addresses of SCOTUS members in an attempt to intimidate. All in the same family of crimes.

9. John Brunner

A prior Democrat administration in Virgi9nia decided to share the CHP database with Maryland police. There is no valid reason to do this...Maryland does not have reciprocity with Virginia. But it allows Maryland police to tie the list into license plate recognition software so they can target Virginia CHP holders and pull them over for no real cause, then shake them down.

There was one such case where they had a man & his wife at roadside for hours with their crap strewn all over the place.
    Office: "If he had a gun ma'am, where would he keep it?"
    Distraught wife: "I don't know. Sometimes he puts it in the trunk."
    Officer: "SHE SAID THERE'S A GUN IN THE TRUNK!!!!!"

It's a big deal because people in Northern Virginia go into Maryland all the time...VA/MD/DC is a single region.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

As I said, Constitutional carry is the real answer.

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A couple of months ago, Musk felt he was being “dissed” when the present resident of the Oval Office had a meeting with GM and Ford but didn’t invite Tesla.
    Though it probably wasn’t a result of the President’s insult but out of the blue, Musk buys GM.

I guess that makes Elon Musk the CEO of 5(?) major corporations now?

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I was surprised that Maine passed constitutional carry. We had a Republican majority in both houses at the time but Maine Republicans tend to be of the Susan Collins variety. I think that it went through because Mainers are big on guns, regardless of the political party they are in, and the constitutional carry bill forced them to take a stand on an issue that the voters cared about. It was the newly elected Ron Paul Republicans who introduced it, though.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I am so glad to hear that, @Ken Anderson. I don't routinely carry, but I enjoy the right to do so when I want to or feel the need to. So many here carry during hunting fishing season and just get into the habit.

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The right to carry is all I want. I don't do it often. But when I need to, I am glad I can. This morning there were coyote tracks across the driveway.

15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Exactly!