Elon Musk

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Musk will do what he chooses, I also voted Dem for about 60 yrs until I changed all that in March 2020..... Didn't Trump make some political changes too?

Lois Winters and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yep, he was a Democrat most of his life as well.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This just in, from the Who the Hell Cares Department: Whoopi Goldberg is leaving Twitter. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Remember when she said if Trump won she'd leave the country? We're still waiting, Whoop. (And take Cher with you. kthx)

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've commented before that I did vendor contracts in the computer industry in the very early days. Some of the industry pioneers were on the Board of Directors of my employer. They were all weird birds (specially the software guys), albeit very intelligent weird birds.

I think of savants, who can hear a complex piece of music once and play it perfectly note-for-note, but are not "really present" and cannot interact at the most basic level with other humans. It seems that excelling in one area at such a level always comes at the expense of other areas...that our total capacity is finite. Technical brilliance always seems to come at the expense of social skills, to some degree. Or perhaps the rest of we naked apes invest too large a percentage of our capacity in the valueless endeavor of getting along with all the other naked apes (who we often loathe), while we should be inventing stuff or composing music. The ones who really excel in the business world are in the middle...those who are "smarter enough," but not so much more that they cannot interact.

Not that it really says anything (because we're not privy to details and the who-did-what), but Musk was married from 2000-2008 and then divorced. He married a different woman in 2010, they divorced in 2012, then remarried in 2013, only for them to divorce again in 2016. For the past 4 years he's been dating a Canadian musician. He is 51 years old and has 10 children (I don't know who the mothers are. His total married years add up to 12 or so.) It will be interesting to see how Musk manages Twitter. It's a huge business whose product is pure social interaction...or perhaps he sees it differently.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I would hope he could figure out who the trolls are and keep it on the up and up. Honesty in media would sure be a help.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

It's a funny balancing act trying to discern motive so you can selectively repress their right to free speech. Most forums have a Code of Conduct so as to control behaviour...but other than obscenities, you cannot control content without putting your thumb on the scale.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Registered

I would run for dictator but it is too much work.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure that is a huge challenge when you consider the millions of Twitter users. Apparently there's a lot of Chinese, Russian, and other countries planting accounts on all social media.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Musk wrote that she should be suspended just for impersonating a comedian.

10. John Brunner

Yeh, I saw that.

Pretty funny.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. John Brunner

I have often said that if I were in charge of the world, my first and only act would be to put someone else in charge.

12. Mary Stetler

Registered

When I was young and in awe of my father, I told him he should become president. He said no. the only ones who wan to be president are the ones who only want power.

13. John Brunner

Jimmy Fallon asked for Elon Musk to help him when #RIPJimmyFallon started trending on the platform Tuesday.

[​IMG]

I like the guy's sense of humor (Musk, not Fallon.)

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

An interesting possibility that I came across today while reading Twitter news. It refers to the Starlink satellite cell phone connection that Elon Musk has been putting into orbit.
    He has activated it in several areas where there have been natural disasters, as well as for the people in Ukraine that had no internet connection because the cell towers were down.

For several years now, we have been reading about the 5G cell towers , and that they could be dangerous to humans , while others say that they are just fine and perfectly safe. However, an interesting thought is that if we do switch over to the Starlink connection, before long, those possibly dangerous cell towers will likely be coming down.

F0CF86D0-BCE5-49DC-A004-5481DBF0EA17.jpeg

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Registered

I think that is why so many are anti-Musk. It is like the hatred for Trump (who could tone it down a bit) Musk gives an alternative way to all the left agenda.
    An out from government control and some personal freedom.
    We need more like them to stand up to the WEF etc but not enough of that ilk have the money needed.