Er And Hospital Admitted

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Bobby, everyone can be different in what they are able to take for pain and what they can’t.
    You are a person that I would love having to talk to my VA doctor and the hospital doctor.
    I have osteoarthritis in my left shoulder that showed up after my rotator cuff surgery. If my VA doctors that I’ve had in the past and one I have now, didn’t want me on Tramadol, I wouldn’t be on it.

I am NOT headed for a walker! I do just fine using a cane. We bought the walker and tub/shower chair for either of us in the future, if we need them. When I hurt my left foot, from a fall, we bought a wheelchair for me to use. It really helped, but is in a box in our storage.
    As far as PT goes, I’m simply NOT strong enough for that! Both Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist were very impressed when I told them we have the Wii Game in our living room for exercise. The Wii game was/is used in Nursing Homes for patient exercise.
    Again, no arguing about what I should do, I’ll leave it all up to my VA doctor, like I should.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Now, I didn’t reconnect with this forum to have myself or my VA doctor be criticized. My wife isn’t happy at all about this. So, PLEASE stop to anyone doing it.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good luck with that.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We are all happy to see you back , and thankful that you are recovering, and any suggestions are only given because we do care, not trying to criticize your doctors, please do not look at this the wrong way, when we all mean well for you, Cody.

Faye Fox, Nancy Hart and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If you simply want to write stuff and have no response, start a blog.

That said, have a nice day. Bye.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And you simply want me to do what you say! I follow what my VA doctor tells me. You seem to get mad each and every time I disagree with you.

Just remember Bobby, you are not a doctor. My wife, and her family totally understand, whereas you just don’t seem to or want to.

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

What was it that Burns said at the end of every show…..uh…yeah……G’nite Gracy.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I have had a couple of scrips for hydrocodone in the past and whilst i think they did alright, when the pain became manageable I discontinued using the stuff. To be sure, I probably gave away more than I took.

9. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My doc gave me a huge supply when I had my spinal surgery. I got off of them within a couple days but saved the rest. They lasted about 2 years between my wife and I. I would sometimes take one when I had not been able to get a good night’s sleep for several nights because of leg pain. I always slept great when I took one just before bed. Too bad it can get to be so addictive. They really do help.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I did the same thing when I had disc surgery on my neck. I "just lived with it" during the day, knowing that if I only used it as-needed to get some sleep, it would act on my "clean system" and knock me out.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just WHY do you say that? He’s a darn good doctor. He’s in the Army Reserves as a Lieutenant Colonel. That impressed the heck out of me!

So, who’s medical advice do you suggest that I follow?? Someone on this forum who isn’t a doctor?”

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I don’t like pain, and, if I don’t have to cope with, why should I?

John Brunner likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

No one likes pain Cody but you can either be the master of it or a slave to it.

So far as doctor’s go, no one here has claimed to be a doctor of medicine BUT, many here have seen or been a part of situations when doctor’s have been in error.
    Doctors are NOT gods. They are Humans which is why EVERY practicing doctor has to have malpractice insurance. They make mistakes.

My wife and I knew a lady who got hooked on prescribed pain killers and after losing her family she eventually lost her life too.
    There are at least a million stories out there just like that so when someone warns of the hazards of taking pain killers, you might not dis the advice so quickly.

In the end though Cody, you’re going to do whatever you want to anyway. It’s your kidneys, it’s your liver, it’s your life.

Edit: The one thing you’re missing is that generally speaking, the members here probably wouldn’t be writing much of anything on this thread if we weren’t concerned about your health.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I agree. My issue was not long term (recovering from surgery), and I was worried about addiction issues. I was not taking a shot at you (or at anyone.) Thankfully, I don't have long-term pain issues.

So, how are you feeling? I can't recall what your next medical step is gonna be...or is it just watch what you eat then go back in a while?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

He's a doctor. He's not a nutritionist or dietician. If you expect him to give sufficient thought to your particular dietary needs, I think you're mistaken. I don't expect it of my doctors, either. You can do whatever you like, but my comment remains. Good luck with that.

Bobby Cole likes this.