Famous Folk I've Met (Never Known)

Discussion in 'People I Have Known' started by Jorge Ruiz, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, the difference in spelling is what threw Yvonne and I both.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Okay, I haven't actually met him but I'm friends with Julian Lennon (John Lennon's son) on Facebook, and he has commented on a few of my posts, usually in disagreement. In fact, the only time he has agreed with me was when I had posted something about whenever a person's skin color dictates our feelings about them, whether positive or negative, then we are a racist.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Is it really him? I've noticed famous people on Facebook that are fakes.

I'm not saying he is but I've seen a few.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My daughter knows and is acquainted with Leon Panneta's son Chris who lives in Monterey and is an employment law attorney...my daughter has used him, think he has 3 sons.

Once when I was visiting, I went with my daughter to his office and I sat out in the waiting room and I think I saw him walking upstairs.

She also is friends with a good friend of Clint Eastwood...those are my claims to famous people.

When living in Chicago I did meet Governer Ogilvie at a picnic.

In Hungary I knew and hobnobbed with some members of their Parliment, even had a party at my house. I also went to Tunesia with the minister of finance and his wife and 2 other couples.

This was all due to business, I also knew a lot of Russian Mafia...also due to business.

Ah, the good old days, lol.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's him. He hawks both his albums and his liberal causes on Facebook, but posts some normal people stuff as well.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Neat!!

I also forgot to mention Sen. Jack Schaffer of Illinois, he lived one street over from us in Cary, Illinois and his son Todd was friends with my son when they were 5-6. I knew his wife Lynn pretty well, they divorced after we moved but I knew they would. He was a nice guy and she played around.
    I looked him up but I don't remember him being 7 years older than me but I guess so. This was in the very early 80's, maybe even 1979.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Schaffer

7. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

just sayin.
    Who do we really know?

8. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes at the hotel I work at, I will reconize someone 'famous'.
    Policy is stay away, unless they approach you with a question or to fix a problem.

Don't have a problem with that.
    Ones I have talked to all seem nice.
    Mostly music people.

Have to admit, some of the newer artist I'm not familiar with.
    My co-worker usually give me grief for not knowing who 'so and so' is.

Oh, and in my senior year in high school, O.J. Simpson came over to Hawaii to present a football Scholarship
    to USC for one of our players. He met with our team and shook hands with us.

Not sure if that one counts anymore.:eek:

9. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

OJ is rather infamous.

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kalvin Mitnic
    But nonetheless very good in "Capricorn One". Loved the scene where Hal Holbrook, sneaky and slimy as a politician, quietly told OJ, "You HAVE to do it (fake the Moon shot). Think of your family.....".

Whereupon OJ grabbed him by the lapels and demanded, "You bastard! What have you done to my family?"
    Frank

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Robert Mitchum ...,, he came into a western store i was working at. He was with a pregnant woman..whom I did not know or recognize.
    Let's just say he is not all that tall- without his boots.
    I saw- didn't meet him- Emmitt Smith of the Dallas Cowboys. I was at a sandwich shop, and just as I turned to leave,saw him at a table with
    another guy. Just as i walked past him, he gave that big ole smile of his...it was kinda like an aha moment. I was not going to approach and
    his smile was like a thank you for leaving me alone type thing. Celebrities like to eat without being hounded I am sure.

12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

During one of my earlier vacation trips to Vegas, we were walking around downtown, looking in windows of what few stores there were, and a tall, thin guy strode up, looked, and I instantly recognized Chill Wills! After moving there in '72, I was waiting at the red light on Las Vegas Boulevard, eastbound, and Tropicana, when a convertible Cadillac, top down, pulled up alongside. The driver was Redd Foxx!
    Frank

13. Michael Dean

Michael Dean Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wendy-Richards-TV-History-Gallery-O.jpg For UK members. When I was a young junior salesman in a camera shop on Trafalgar square in London, I frequently used to go to a basement pub next door for lunch. One day they told me that an up and coming TV actress who was inbetween jobs was coming to help out there. So here she is. A rather young Pauline Fowler!

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Michael Dean

Registered

Or perhaps I should have said with the above picture. Actress Wendy Richard who played Pauline Fowler. Anyway, she was always very friendly, chatting away whilst serving up my shepherds pie or whatever I had ordered.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Michael Dean

Registered

A few years later. I was working in another camera shop not far from the above one. One of our regular customers was Denis Healy the Labour MP. He always brought his black & white film processing in to us. But perhaps, personally the most memorable for me was the sculptor of the statue of Sir Winston Churchill in Parliament square, Ivor Roberts Jones. He came into the shop one morning. Introduced himself and told us that he was in competition with several other sculptors for the commission of producing the statue and that he needed a decent camera to do justice to his preliminary samples. I remember I sold him a 2nd hand Rolleiflex. He showed us examples of his pictures and was naturally delighted when he was awarded the commission for the main statue. He came into the shop afterwards to personally thank me, which was nice of him.

images (4).jpg

Patsy Faye likes this.