Favorite Easter Candy

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Tim Burr, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Terry Page likes this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol @Holly Saunders yes that's surprising, I have bought Cadbury's chocolate in India in the past, but because of the high temperatures there, it has special additives to prevent it from melting. These additives alter the taste and give it an odd gritty texture, so I doubt I will try and buy any when next there. ;)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not a fan of dark or milk chocolate too much but I've noticed that almost every type of candy bar has a dark chocolate version and I especially dislike that so have to check before I buy a Reese's Peanut Butter cup that it's not the dark chocolate version.

I like caramel as a filling but absolutely despise that yellow cream type filling...or is it white?

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

So pleased you mentioned that - chocolate 'isn't' the same as it was, has an artificial taste now, well to me it does :rolleyes:

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

No it's not just you patsy , it definitely has.... in fact there's whole websites dedicated to people complaining about it...

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    Do you partake of sugar-free candy? My wife does frequently, not being diabetic, but rather low/no carb. She chooses the type of sweetener used rather carefully, though.
    Frank

8. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Licorice Eggs - I found a recipe for licorice to try without actual licorice (substitute anise seed extract).

Reeces White Peanut Butter Eggs
    Cadbury Caramel Egg
    Hershey's Eggs

There's nothing like Easter candy.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We splurge a little for candy at Easter, but very little. After we both found out that we are Diabetic II, we have to REALLY watch what we eat. But, for Easter, we will get a dozen, in a egg container, of small chocolate marshmallow eggs. Use to get the little marshmallow "Chicks", but way to much sugar.

Emma Smith likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was a little kid, my folks owned and ran a little neighborhood grocery store, so we had candy there all of the time, I seldom ate any. The only rule my mother had was that I had to eat my meal first, and then after that, I could have as much candy as I wanted; so naturally, I wanted candy even less after I had eaten my dinner.
    Mom always got me one of those big Easter baskets wrapped in colored cellophane and full of chocolate eggs and candy, and some sort of stuffed bunny rabbit toy. I guess I ate some of the chocolates because I do remember nibbling on chocolate bunny ears and toes, but I think that I shared most of it with the neighbor kids, who all LOVED candy of any sort.

My mom would color Easter eggs (real ones !) and hide them out in the yard, and then after church, Joy (my neighbor girl) and I would run around the yard with our new Easer baskets, collecting the colorful eggs.
    I loved eating those Easter Eggs !
    I know that all they were was a colorful boiled egg, and a cold one at that, but I think that Joy and I probably each ate at least a half dozen of them on Easter Sunday. My mom always made several dozen of these eggs, so all three of us (Mom, Daddy, and me) ate Easter Eggs for the next few days until they were all gone and we were tired of eggs.
    Naturally, we colored eggs and hid them for my kids once I had grown up , and they all loved finding and eating those boiled eggs, too. I would dye the eggs, and then paint pictures on them and trim the ends with glitter, or write on the kid’s names in glitter, and it was as much fun for me making them as it was for my kids to hunt for them.
    It has been many years since I have colored or eaten a real Easter Egg, but it is still a fond memory for me.

Emma Smith likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

13. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Hersey's Minature Dark Special Choclates

#1 Steak!

Emma Smith and Nancy Hart like this.
  14. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith - your post brought back lots of great Easter memories.

I usually used the food coloring and eggs, but one Easter I tried something I'd seen on tv, where they used silk ties and boiled them to color the eggs.
    I bought a small piece of fabric labeled silk, but it must not have been have been silk, the color just stayed on the fabric. lol
    I went back to the tried and true method.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My favorite Easter candy - real jelly beans.

[​IMG]