Fighting In The Black Friday Sales Alabama

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Holly Saunders, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

As I stated in another post...have never did or even wanted to do Black Friday anything. First off money is tight anyway and if you have to charge all those sales specials...you have pretty much screwed yourself out of the sale....unless you pay off end of the month...maybe.
    If I were to do much shopping it would be after the first of the year....when things are actually marked down. Use to be called January White sale.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We are the same way, @Gloria Mitchell , and neither of us has ever gone out shopping on Black Friday, either. Mostly, we don’t even buy something unless we really need it, and when you need it, you need it; so that is when we buy it. But even then, I still shop around for the best deal that I can find.
    We pretty much do not celebrate holidays like Christmas, so we do not need to buy presents, and what we actually need for ourselves is usually not very much.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, folks, there are still plenty of people, including Seniors, that have nice incomes, and retirement incomes, and go Black Friday shopping, including us.
    Some of you simply have different feelings about Christmas, Black Friday and gift buying than us and others.
    Buying gifts for each other and the family is just a thing we enjoy doing. Later that will change some, but for now...,,,we love it!!

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm heading home today with excitement because I bought some cute things for my house and I plan to decorate for Christmas this year...it's lifted my mood!

I didn't get anything big or expensive ..just a bunch of things that I needed or just wanted...I really don't have anyone to leave my fortune to...my kids don't need it or even want it.

They want me to spend and enjoy my life now. :)

We also don't go out to stand in the lines because there's nothing we wanted that would run out so to me it was just like any shopping day before a holiday...

Anyway, heading home this morning with the car packed to the brim...there's only room for me...and Pickles. :)

I also didn't spend all my money and daughter didn't say anything...I knew she wouldn't make me give back what I didn't spend.

I may be too tired to decorate after the drive but will tomorrow.

It's going to take awhile just to unload my car.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

That's GREAT that it "lifted your mood". "They want you to spend and enjoy my life now", is the way it's suppose to be............that is for those that want to and can. Right now, we want to and can, but later that will change some when the finances lower. But, for now, "the party is on"!:):D

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

You go girl, bedazzle you house on the inside so you can see it @Chrissy Cross.

I’m talking Bobert into putting the lights up outside. He’s never even had a Christmas tree until last year here with me.

Too bad we not closer in location, we could have help each other decorate. Or you could do my old cabin, and I could your modern place. It would be interesting to see what we would come up with. :rolleyes: :oops:

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes! That would be great! I'm home now and exhausted just from dragging the stuff in from the car...then wrestling with all the packages just to open them.

Taking a break....set up my new coffee maker...it works. Replaced 5 chandelier lights (had to get on table), they work.
    Flashlight...works!

Still need to change my sheets to the winter ones but I'm taking a break.

Will tackle unpacking and setting up Christmas decorations tomorrow. My back is starting to hurt. :(

I also had to run out to the store because I left my toothbrush at my daughter's ...grrrr

I'm not decorating outside @Ina I. Wonder except for a wreath on my door.

I'm the only one who'll see the inside stuff but who cares....makes me happy.

The Christmas playlist will also start tomorrow ....time to get out of my slump and this is a good start.

I envy you Bobert but it is what it is...:)

Also...if only I could get Pickles to wear a Christmas sweater....

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

There's a difference between summer and winter sheets?

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep! I don't turn on the heat at night in the winter so I need warmer sheets. They're not flannel though, something else which is super soft and cozy ...just thinking about it makes want to go to bed, :)

It's my favorite time of year....in the summer I have to run my A/C 24/7 but in the winter I barely need to turn on the heat....a little bit in the morning to take the chill off and take my shower.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We have some of those jersey sheets that we mostly use in the winter. They are soft and cuddly; but not as heavy as the flannel sheets are.
    When I lived out in Idaho, I actually needed flannel sheets in the winter, and also my electric blanket.
    We do have the electric blanket on the bed now, but I mostly only use it to warm up my side of the bed in the evenings, and I don’t think that Bobby ever turns his side on because he is never as cold as I am.
    It seems like the older I get, the more temperature-sensitive that I am. I hate freezing all winter; but when summer is here, then I am huffing and puffing from the heat and humidity, and doing outside stuff early in the morning while I can still breathe.
    Spring and fall are wonderful, but neither one seems to last long enough, at least for me.

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't think these are the Jersey sheets @Yvonne Smith ...I had those last year. I got them at Costco last week, I was looking for a new set of Jersey sheets but saw these...they seem warmer.
    I'll have to look and see if I have the plastic that they came in still...