First Female Mexican President

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Joy Martin, May 26, 2024.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Why do you think that is "the best news you're heard in a long time?" I read that the candidate of López Obrador’s party, former Mexico City mayor Claudia Sheinbaum, leads in polls. So she will undoubtedly continue his policies. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Claudia-Sheinbaum

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Joy Martin

Registered

Well Beth you know a lot more than me, all we need to do is ask you, you've got the answers...I don't klnow who's leading, but I'm glad to see a FEMALE in charge, I THINK....

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, who cares what their policies are as long as they are female... right? Feel free to ask me anything; if I don't know the answer I'll make something up. Wouldn't want to disappoint you.

5. Joy Martin

Registered

It's true Beth the day I joined, the sarcasim started to fly from you....It's childish as I see and hear it but it's you for this exchange we attempt to have. Have a great day... Oh and nice I can spice things up for you.

And YES I'd like to see more female rulers worldwide....

6. Joy Martin

Registered

Our country and many countries falling apart since early 2020, so yes it's best news I've heard...I have NOT been folllowing mexican politics, sounds like you have.....

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I only know that presidents here could all be male as long as they had good hair.

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Female rulers world wide.
    The key word in your phrasing is “rulers” so in essence, you wish to see more totalitarian dictatorships lead by someone simply because they have the ability to give birth?

Although much of the population of the U.S. might tend to agree with you but those same agreeable folks are also loving DEI whereby it doesn’t make any difference about one’s qualifications but rather what sex or the melanin in one’s skin.
    Such thinking has brought us folks like Maxine Waters, Kamala Harris and AOC who have done literally nothing but provoke division, angst and overall stupidity within the population.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just in case you had not noticed, we have had some VERY dishonest, incapable, and downright stupid female people in leadership positions in the United States.
    Does this mean that you support people like Nancy Pelosi, AOC, and Maxine Waters (just to name a few) in Congress, and of course, our terrific VP, Kamala Harris, @Joy Martin ?
    Gender does not equate with leadership ability, and I completely agree with @Beth Gallagher that leadership ability is much more important than the gender of the person elected to the position.

10. Joy Martin

Registered

Hey Yvonne, in case you have not noticed, have you checked out the line up of rulers, leaders, presidents, kingpins, what ever you want to call them....we've been saddled with for too many years...??????????

What are the blood banks doing, taking blood laced with MRNA, refusing this blood or asking for donors to give blood NOT laced with covid DIRT..

11. Yvonne Smith

What on earth do blood banks have to do with Mexico electing a new president, @Joy Martin ?

As far as world leaders, of course we have all noticed that some (if not most) of them do not actually care abut their country, but that is more of a political thing than anything to do with gender. Supporting a person for any office because of their gender and not their leadership abilities , is what did not make sense to me about your opening post.

12. Joy Martin

Registered

Gender, smender, I still would like to have a Female Leader.... Some doves vs mostly HAWKS...

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Soooooo, if Biden died of whatever, you’d get your wish and we’d have a senseless hyena with a vagina for president.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

It appears that this had something to do with the drug cartels, although I am not sure how it fits together yet. The woman who was overwhelmingly elected as president is the first woman president ever in Mexico, and is also Jewish.
    Mexico is almost completely a Catholic nation, and the few Jews who do live in Mexico are mainly in Mexico City, and nowhere else in the country.
    Other candidates for the presidency were killed, from one source that I read.
    An interesting side-note is a picture of the wife of El Chapo, the convicted drug lord, showed up wearing a Star of David necklace in one of her latest news photos.

None of this makes much sense, how she could have been elected , especially with such a large majority of votes, and so few Jewish people in Mexico; so it will be interesting to see how this progresses going forward.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

That language is beneath you, Bobby, and you know it. You are a gentleman.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.