Four Things That Would Happen If We Didn't Have Compulsory Schooling Laws

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

By giving uncaring parents an option of not educating their children.

2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If parents are caring, and given the choice, they may do what is best for their children.

Uncaring parents will just send them off to be brainwashed by the state run education system, like in Germany re communism in the 30's and/or 40's.

The usa is not a good parent. Best to let parents be parents, regardless how good or bad it seems. Letting the state run system control the children is just as bad as Germany under hitler was.

3. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

Besides that giving to uncaring / illiterate parents the chance to educate their children is not going to solve but to aggravate the problem.

Hoot Crawford likes this.
  4. Jeff Elohim

Registered

No one has shown that that would aggravate the problem. and it would be very difficult to do any worse than dumping millions or billions of dollars down the disposal that the education system became, or so it seems obvious - the more money they get, the worse they get.

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Did the public school system that you and others seem to enjoy the lack of knowledge from
    tell you that the root canal is the way to go ?
    Outside the public school system, etc, why not go and find out what to do so a root canal is not required ?
    Lower cost.
    Less suffering.
    Less side effects.
    Less loss of health.
    All in ways that it seems the public school system did not teach you ?

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh, I see. If I leave food for you every day and you don't eat it, I'm abandoning you. In order to not abandon you, I have to force-feed you.

7. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

[QUOTE="No one has shown that that would aggravate the problem. [/QUOTE]

Is not a matter of "no one has shown..."Please, a person who doesn't know reading / writing can't help a child...and there are many parents -some quite young- who are illiterate.

8. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Is not a matter of "no one has shown..."Please, a person who doesn't know reading / writing can't help a child...and there are many parents -some quite young- who are illiterate.[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it has been well known, and shown for decades, that the education system in the untied states has failed. It has never done as well as it did when it left children with their parents. Even if parents did 'badly', in many ways, the gov and educ system did abysmally worse, like the state police in Germany circa world war II etc ...

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Then they can send that child to a school. No one here is suggesting they close the schools. The problem is that they are holding up the government schools, generally the least successful model, as the standard, and it's not working.

10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

AND
    remember to make the parents and tax payers pay for all of the good services force feeding gabonzo-itis to all the gills and boyzees...
    and to keep taking more and more and more money , supposedly to "help" all the ones being force fed.

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Well, I might , like Kent Hovind showed clearly years ago.... no, I don't have a link, reference, or source - I saw it on un-documented television - on a channel something else was listed in the tv guide to have been airing, and by 'chance' happened to watch it .... he very clearly showed why the question should be "should there even be public schools", not "should public schools teach creation" ....

And, there is a solution, but not from those promoting public schools, no.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You keep writing, “trust me”. The same two words that are implied on every single blown up resume’ I have ever read.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  13. Hoot Crawford

Registered

God bless your heart, Hovind never, ever "clearly showed" anything "years ago". He's just another loony toon crackpot, and by referencing him, you lose any credibility you might otherwise have had.

14. Hoot Crawford

Registered

That's weak, just plain weak. If that's the best you can do, well, we can just leave it at that.

And I'm waiting on you to show us how well your non-system works in some other educated country. How about Israel, or maybe South Korea? Do they have compulsory education or not? How about the UK? Australia? (Hint - they are all top ranked educationally and all have compulsory education systems..)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  15. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

At it's least, public education is like a safety net to give a foundation of learning for those who would not otherwise get an education. Hopefully it's more. Parents with enough means can opt for what they perceive as a better education.

Beth Gallagher and Hoot Crawford like this.