Free Threats

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

the cartoon and meme generators are working full time on this one

[​IMG]

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

In my own case, half-breed does not apply, but according to my wife, half-wit does!
    Frank

Sheldon Scott and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It still does and I would absolutely not have any problem hauling in with a baseball bat and knee capping a few people if I were a witness to such stupidity.

Yeah, they say Christians shouldn't feel that way and every bad thing should be another invitation to sing Kumbaya but there were a bunch of money changers in the temple one day and Jesus totally wrecked the joint!

Oh yeah, I put a like on your post with some sweet and sour feelings about it. I liked the idea that you posted it but didn't like what I saw.

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole, public opinion is now getting stronger with the aid of social media. You can see posts in Facebook and Twitter about opinions and some are even in the form of quotations that insult people. With the issue of discrimination, I don't think it is a consensus of the majority. We have a saying here that activists are only few, they just give us the impression that they comprise the majority because they are the noisiest (from their name as activists, yeah, they are active enough). Yesterday I saw in the news about a protest of 20 people against the burial of former President Marcos in the Heroes' cemetery. Can you see the propensity of our media in cultivating controversial issues? Why the need to cover that protest participated in by just 20 people, huh.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's how the American Revolution began.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

As my wife tells me "Be careful what you put online".

7. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I am at my limit regarding racial issues and political correctness. The bottom line is if a person doesn't like how things are in the US, then move. There are lots of other countries. Don't whine and complain and make other lives miserable.

Maggie Mae and Frank Sanoica like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, there will always be people here that will complain about something, whether it's race related, salaries, living conditions, job opportunities and on and on.

And, it's not just "city" stuff that people complain about, farms/ranchers can complain about low profits in selling crops/grain and livestock. It can be too dry or too wet.

People want tax money spent the way they want it spent, not the way politicians spend it. And, let's not even talk about where all the lottery money goes. Suppose to go to schools.....suppose to, but?

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Okay, things with the Kaepernick event are starting to make some sense, or, at least sense if I were a young man who seems to have the inability to keep a woman.
    It would seem that his present girlfriend, Nessa Diab, is Muslim and a Black Lives Matter activist, hence "Colons" recent conversion to Islam and a sudden new urge to demonstrate against black oppression.

Other than the now obvious reasoning he is probably going to sit out the entire season on 3rd string because he's a lousy player. Yeah, he had one great season and then burned that candle out so now he has to make some noise just to make sure he is remembered no matter the consequences.

I guess that as long as he follows close behind his darling Nessa and does whatever she says he will have a little slice of heaven on earth after all. He just needs to have a new very dominant mother figure because his own mother tore into his brown rear end via Twitter and scolded him for bringing dishonor to the flag and his family.

10. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Kaepernick was mentioned on an unrelated topic so I'm replying here.

If he/they had turned their back on the flag or made obscene gestures, I would feel differently about their protest.
    Taking a knee didn't seem disrespectful to me.

At the time, there were several serious cases of police brutality, some ending in death, including shooting an unarmed black man in the back (SC), Freddie Gray's "rough ride" in a police van that killed him (six Baltimore officers faced murder charges. I don't think any were convicted of anything.) It reminded me of things that went on in the forties or fifties.

One story said that taking a knee was suggested to him. He's a grown man and hopefully decided for himself that it was important enough to take a peaceful stand.

https://www.procon.org/headline.php?headlineID=005323

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Colin was simply a player that couldn't adapt as quickly as the defenses against him, so he had to do something to make himself notable. What he was protesting wasn't determined until several weeks after he began his protests. He seemed to try several things to protest, but finally found one that works. True, some bad things happened during that period, but some were revved up that didn't happen as reported, such as the Ferguson, Missouri incident and the one in Florida. The worst one (IMHO) was the incident in Minnesota where prejudice is not expected. A peaceful, law-abiding Black individual was murdered by an over-zealous young police officer.

Kaepernick was just a someone who could make the cut and had to find a reason other than his own lack of ability.

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Still, he walked away as an extremely rich man.

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

True. He made more money as a protestor than he did as a player.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

He was better at protesting than he was at playing, or at least his audience was more accepting.

Don Alaska and Shirley Martin like this.
  15. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska: Kaepernick was just a someone who could make the cut and had to find a reason other than his own lack of ability.

It's possible, but only he knows his reasons. Definitely not defending anyone's football skills. I've not watched one whole game.