From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I never kept a dairy till now
    Not good at this sort of thing
    So its goodbye, so long, adios
    Its time I said farewell.

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Pam Sellers

Pam Sellers Veteran Member
    Registered

Aww, come on Bill. I am sure not good either and maybe that's why I never started one. But I sure enjoy reading all the posts.

Bess Barber and Nancy Hart like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Okay, I bought a television last week.They are going to deliver and set it up next Wednesday. I also changed
    my internet provider from ATT to Cox Cable. I paid to much for the tv because I had to buy from someone
    who would deliver and install it. They also charged me for wall brackets I probably don't need and new chords.
    I've worked all morning cleaning my computer room (I call it the office.) I have a large desk, a desktop computer
    and printer. Then there is a big back up oxygen system I keep in one corner. On one side of the room I have a
    two foot by four foot table I keep my stereo equipment on aswell as two large shelf type speakers. On the other
    side of the room I have a two shelf stand I keep some other equipment on that helps me breathe when I'm having
    a hard time doing so. I also keep my portable oxygen on the stand. In the corner of that side I have a four drawer
    filing cabinet. Under the table the my stero equip[mentsits I keep a small portable peddler, you know one of those
    little things you sit in a chair and peddle with your feet like you are riding a bicycle, and in a box underneath
    I kkeep some rubber bands for exercising and I thinkl I have my shoe shine stuff also in that box. Everything is
    within reach so I don't have to exert myself getting what i need or want.

Right now I 'm playing a Neil Diamond CD, "Home Before Dark."

Another thing I did this morning is inventory my CDs. I had them, most o them, in a cardcboard box underneath
    my stereo.I take the CDs out of the cardboard box, there's about seventy of them. I took them out of the box, removed them from their plastic cases and put them into these CD holders. I sort of organized them by Country tracks, Jazz tracks, Easy
    Listening, some oddball stuff and finally Christmas CDs. I've got about ninety CDs. Now I can find one when I want it.
    I like to have one playing when I'm on the computer. Neil Diamond is still entertaining me. Sometime on a Sunday morning I play religious cds. The room looks better. Now all I have to do is clean off my desk. When we get the tele installed, we'll be back in business.

Dear diary, I've had a good day so far.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I really like Neil Diamond's music.

Bill Boggs and Bess Barber like this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill Boggs likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

I've been shopping this evening. Well, maybe yesterday evening since it is past midnight and well into this new day. Shopping and playing all the songs
    I know that my memory will cough up. Wanting to add a B key and an F# key which I've never had. Then I need a D to replace an old
    Suzuki brand. And I'd like to add a Low F. And, if I wasn't so old I'd buy myself a good Chromatic harmonica to play with. Well, those are my toys and it
    is how I waste time.

Okay, I cleaned the office today. Pulled out all the furniture, swept and mopped. Cleaned off my desk, my stereo table, and hooked every thing back up,
    hiding all the wires and cables where possible. I threw out a couple of thirteen gallon trash bags of trash. Also had a nap this afternoon. Man, I'm hitting
    on all cylinders. Going to be cold tonight and I've got to go to the grocery store in the morning. So here's to you, wherever you hang out. Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Get the harmonica Bill:)

8. Pam Sellers

Registered

I am a "Smooth Jazz" gal. But I Love the "Old Crooners" like Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett. Be still my heart!!:D

Bess Barber and Bill Boggs like this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Registered

I like the smooth jazz, too.

Bess Barber likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

I think I'm going to build a light box, find a couple of small lamps, buy a yard of
    white, sheer fabric and see what I can do. I want to take some photos but I'm
    not too active now days. You could say I'm lazy. But I have a couple of old
    cameras lying around here some place, and while I'm not up too often to go out
    hunting a suitable image to fire off a couple of shots, thought I might shoot
    something if it came to me. Little things, you know, like a fly, a roach, a black
    widow spider, maybe I could train a mouse similar to the one I read about in the
    Green Mile, if I tied a string on his leg. Well, back to the light box. Thinbk I'll see
    what I can do. Holly has inspired me. Whether I can make something of that
    inspiration or not I suppose is up to me. Okay, I'm off to be semi-creative.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  11. Bill Boggs

Registered

Ok, I had a box spotted at Lowes. They have some moving boxes 18x18x 24, just the size I wanted for a buck seventy-eight each. I only need one
    so I told my room mated I was going to find a cardboard box ad she asked what for? I told her a light box. and she asked if I had looked in the garage?
    She said there are three out there, one of the3m might work. Shure enoughthere were three. Two larger than I wanted and one smaller. I chose the
    smaller one but what the heck ? I may be only photographing a fecw small diamonds and this shoud work. If it won't then the camera or camera operater
    is at fault. Heere's the box:
    IMG_5402.JPG

Something we bought a while back.

Bess Barber and Shirley Martin like this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Now then I'm about as creative as the proverbial bull in somewhere he doesn't belong. The box is not finished
    but here's a shot.
    IMG_5405.JPG
    The inside of the box.

Now the first picture. I use existing light I had.
    As can be seen, I don't have enough light but
    the box will work. You get the idea.

IMG_5397.JPG

13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Alright the box is not finished but I can make it work.
    I have cut out windows for lamps I need some white
    poster board but I'll pick that up later, and I want
    some sheer fabric but in a few days I'll have what I
    want and then I'll produce some sheer magic. At
    least that's what I keep telling myself.

We've got a cool snap coming tonight. I'm not getting
    out anymore today. My roommate just laid a small
    bowl of fine chocolate pudding. She'll be unhappy
    if I don't partake. If you'll all excuse me, I'll see you later.

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs , I haven't the foggiest idea what you are doing but then I'm not very tech smart, anyway. :DLooks like it's working. I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

15. Pam Sellers

Registered

Oh my goodness, look at you! So creative! Can't wait to see what you capture! But just don't do the "mouse thing"!:D

Nancy Hart and Bill Boggs like this.