From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Get better Bill! I live with a light head and have for years. I fear colds as it can put me into vertigo. Take care and squash that bug.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'd better get off line; there's thirteen of us on here and that's bad luck.

3. Pam Sellers

Pam Sellers Veteran Member
    Registered

Bill, get over it! No bad luck here! We are just old people trying to connect! Just walk in my shoes one day...not pretty! But I muddle through some how!

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Mornin Bill -- I love your new avatar! That is a keeper! It brings back great memories of chuck wagon camp outs. The dutch oven Shepherd's sourdough bread, chili with beans and beef chuck chunks (not hamburger), and the early morning campfire brewed coffee with eggs and homemade beef sausage. The smell of the fresh fall mountain air. Were you raised on a ranch Bill or a ranch hand?

Bill Boggs likes this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Registered

I'm going back to drinking coffee black.I did in the first thirty-five years of my life
    then add cream and finally sugar. I did switch to a synthetic sugar much later.
    But I have been drinking my coffee black for the past several days. I have decided
    it's good to taste a good coffee before adding anything.

6. Pam Sellers

Pam Sellers Veteran Member
    Registered

I have always drank my coffee black. I like a "Medium Roast" coffee over a "Dark Roast".

Bill Boggs likes this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

My condolences, Bill.. Maybe next year. . ;).

I'm following Clemson/Ohio State now. Guess I'm rooting for Clemson. :p

8. Bill Boggs

Registered

Me, too.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

That (C/OSU) was a good game!

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yes, i started to reply but was sure what teams you referred to by (C/ OSU).

11. Bill Boggs

Registered

I-came on earlier to make a post, then started looking at the Recent Posts and completely forgot
    what I was originally going to say. Probably just as well. We as couple living here in this town
    need to address some of the concerns we had almost nine years ago when we moved here. We
    moved here to be near our son and his family, hoping to get to know our two grand children better
    here and perhaps when needed, our son could be of some assistance to us when we got older
    and not as efficient.

My wife is almost blind. She is blind in one eye and because of an eye disease and cataracts her
    good eye is failing.

We have fully arrived at that time. My health is not good. I'm a long time COPD patient at the VA.
    My ticker is not working as it used to and is now not pumping enough blood carrying oxygen to
    my head and other organs. I can't stand and do anything and even if I wasn't light headed and
    dizzy when I stand, I don't have enough oxygen in my lung to do anything useful. I am also blind
    in one eye. When you think about it, we sound like a pair of throw aways, no longer useful for any
    thing but still must be maintained.

My son came over this morning and washed the breakfast dishes, swept and mopped the floors.
    I think it is time we got some help. He doesn't have time to periodically do things like this for us.
    so I asked Him to find us someone who will come in occasionally and help us out, help I can handle with in
    my budget. He agreed to do that. My good woman is no longer able to handle some of this stuff,
    and I have been useless for some good time. If we were a lesser species we would be euthanized.

I am grateful we still have out wits about us most of the time and can still think and converse. I can
    no longer spell very well and more inclined to let it go rather than look up a work. And sometime I
    feel downright feeble but I tell myself we still have each other and still help each other and we do
    the best we can with what we have.

I suppose I'm putting this in print because it has been on my mind and I have nothing else to say at
    the moment. I'm not complaining, merely looking at the way things have turned out, dear diary.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It's good to see you here, @Bill Boggs . Don't worry about the spelling. We'll figure out what you mean. I hope you find someone to help with the housework. I wonder if Medicare will help pay for someone to help if your doctor says you need it? It won't hurt to ask, anyway.

Keep in touch with us. {{{{{hugs}}}}} for you and the missus.

Yvonne Smith and Bill Boggs like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yes, the VA will pay for it. We had someone from an agency for a while but my wife couldn't stand what they were charging the VA
    so she cancelled our help. She thought that money could best go to help some young vets coming home from war rather than two
    old folks.

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure she's a very nice lady but I must heartily disagree with her. Y'all have paid your dues and deserve help as much as anybody did. So get it! Before I have to come over there, young man. (That's what I used to say to my boys when I meant business.)

15. Bill Boggs

Registered

Understand, but her piece of mind is important. We can pay for some partial help maybe not as often.

Shirley Martin likes this.