From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Got up this morning around seven a.m. Looked onto here and then Instagram. When I opened my computer this morning I had notes five members
    had posted comments or likes on my instagram page. When I pened up instagram, I read a note that instagram had locked me out because of
    suspecious activity, heavy acticity on my account this morning. After several I could not get into my account. My daughter messaged saying she
    couldn't find my account. So I let it be. As far as I'm concerned it ios not worth the hassle.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Our next door neighbor's house is up for sale and it makes me very nervous. We have lived here since 1994 with those same QUIET neighbors so I hate to see them go.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Eighty-three degrees outside here. Not much breeze. I sat out in the shade some this morning, finally got too warm.
    Was going to write some on my iPad but didn't have a writing surface on my iPad to write on.Pages was acting up
    the other day so I deleted it off my iPad. I'll have to find some substitute to write on. Have an old Apple Air iPad if
    anyone has any suggestions.

The town and I guess the state are beginning to open up some. However I can't get out, no car, no bicycle I can ride,
    can't walk, so I'm home bound so to speak. Tried to cut my toenails the other day. With some effort I got most of them
    trimmed to my satisfation. later on I noticed a large trail of blood going about the house. I clip my toe pretty good. The
    funny party is, I never felt it. Pretty good cut on my left fourth toe..

I've been blowing my harmonica some to day. The VA asked me the other day why I was not ordering up Albuteral
    Puffers to help get the junk out of my lungs. Said I had not ordered one since early last year. Told them I used a
    harmonica. Nurses confirmed it works for me.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill, I'm still trying to figure out what the mystery bird is. I thought it might be a female indigo bunting so I looked them up. This is her. Indigo_Bunting_female_portrait_11-28-16.jpg Can it be her?

I downloaded Libra Office for free to use on my computer but I have a desktop. I don't know if you can get it for an iPad or not.

I'm not sure that you hadn't ought to be using the Albuteral. It might help.

It was cooler at my house today than at yours. We had mid 70s with a good breeze. I'm loving it!

5. Bill Boggs

Registered

I’m convinced the mystery bird is some kind of female finch.

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Wheeled myself down almost to the corner in my wheel chair, about a half block, I guess.
    My objective is to be able to go to dollar geneal and back. My portible oxygen fell off as I
    was trying to wheel myself up into my driveway. Quite a hassle to turn around so I could
    pick up my opxygen tank and then wheel and push with my feet up into the driveway. I
    was totally out of breath for a few minutes and unable to maneuver. Shortness of breath
    getting to be a bigger problem. Can't walk it so trying to make the wheelchair work for me.

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Be careful when you go in the Dollar General, Bill. It's one of the worst places here as far as not taking many safety measures about "the virus." How far away is it?

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like you are making progress with the wheelchair, Bill... except for the setback with your oxygen tank. Have you considered one of those motorized mobility scooters?

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

About three long city block or four short ones. It is not that I need something, it is that I want to retain some independence. I want to be able to go to the store or do things for my self. I can no longer walk there, so trying the wheel chair.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  10. Nancy Hart

Registered

Bill, I sure understand wanting to be independent. Is your wheel chair electric? I think Medicare will cover an electric one if you don't have one already. Just needs a doctor's approval.

11. Bill Boggs

Registered

That's not her. But I am thinking she is some kind of finch. I've started using the nebulizer with the
    Albutefral treatments.

No, it's an old manuel, has no placeto place your feet if someone is pushing you. My grandsn bought years ago when his wife broke a leg. Your feet ore on the ground and that the cway you manuvier it mostly. If the going is hard then you use your hands to turn the wheels.

12. Nancy Hart

Registered

That's certainly a good way to get more exercise and keep in shape. You could get out of shape with an electric one.

Not so good if you want to get somewhere fast, though. ;)

Bill Boggs likes this.
  13. Shirley Martin

Registered

Bill, medicare will pay for you to get a scooter if your doctor prescribes it. There is a senior living center (I guess you would call it) in the town near me. Quite a few people there have scooters and drive them around town. There is a grocery store, a drug store and a Dollar General they can easily drive to.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks Shirley. My medical peope have asked me if I wanted one. At rthe time I said no.

15. Shirley Martin

Registered

Get one.