Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Musta been Milla Jonas then.. the part timer Aussie on this forum.

2. Craig Wilson

Registered

Musta been Milla Jonas then.. the part timer Aussie on this forum.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

@Craig Wilson seeming your a staff member.... just as a suggestion from little ole me .....
    ... on a crafty / cooking forum I’m a member of they have a thread called

(Calling out to missing members )

when a member go’s missing for a while they tag the member and quite often the member will come back after getting a notification.
    Not sure about the other Aussie Mila you mentioned as I was missing for a while till friends convinced me to come back and play games so , I don’t really know of her ? that much

4. Craig Wilson

Registered

That is Ken Anderson's domain Kate. I think his general attitude towards members that have left is it is their decision to return.

5. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

OK.... I believe i have to tell you all about what is going on here with me...
    Remember last week i complained of a backache.. Well, now it wasn't a backache after all, but it was the beginning of something very very bad.. I had the pain in my back and then i noticed a heat rash around my waist which came from sweating around my belt.. Then the rash got worse and spread to my side and now my back and up my back just a bit.. Big red bumps..
    I HAVE SHINGLES............... Yes you are reading correctly.............. SHINGLES
    Now, about 3 years ago, I had the shingles vaccine.. The vaccine is good for 10 years.. That doesn't mean I can't get shingles but the case will be very mild and won't last long (so they say).. The rash is from my belly button to the right side to the center back and, is it ever painful, with a burning itch.. Every day the rash seems to grow more and the pain gets worse.. Sleeping is another problem..
    I am taking some pain killers to aid the pain but I don't want to over do it as they are addictive.. Although they help, I try to limit them till i really need them.. They are OXYCONTIN ... My wife also put some calamine lotion on the rash to ease the pain which lasted all of 30 minutes.. Tomorrow (Wednesday) I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and I will see what he recommends for this..
    Naturally, I will keep everyone posted on what is going on here, but for now, I don't see myself coming on the computer very often till the pain eases off somewhat.. I may lurk now and again and post if I feel up to it.... Perhaps just a word now and then...

Now as far as our sport team goes, perhaps a delay would be in order unless you want to go ahead with it or something else.. For now, I have not much choice but to delay any involvement in an ongoing story... I have NO idea how long I will be miserable with this thing..

PS.... I got my air conditioning in the car fixed under warranty... Works perfect.. At least I have that done..

6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

2F3FE1BB-4D90-4828-8740-DE9098454EB8.jpeg @Steve North I’ve never had shingles ,but I know many who’ve had it including my hubby, he was lucky in a sense I noticed his before it actually blistered ,I took him up the hospital and they gave him a antiviral tablet and his rash never developed into blisters at all due to catching it early .( that was about 3 years ago )

I feel for you ..please take care get sleep when you can day or night ..let’s hope your vaccine helps you get over it real soon ,when we had our vaccine our GP said it won’t stop you getting shingles but the severity of the pain is more bearable .

Sounds like you have the ring around your middle, Ron had a arrow head shape on his chest and back just below his shoulder blade

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  7. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

sorry to hear that steve,, thats what us old people get sometimes... hope its only a mild case..

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, I'm so sorry to read that. Poor baby!!!! Did you see the doctor today? If you did, what did s/he say? Get here as soon as you can and let us know.

9. Louise Miller

Registered

i heard it can be very painful sometimes, but he can get something for the pain, if needed..

Shirley Martin likes this.
  10. Craig Wilson

Registered

Steve smart work having the vaccine. I read this is a hell of an ailment for adults. I had chickenpox as a kid so I too am a Shingles candidate. I will now have a vaccine. Hope for a quick recovery mate. Dont worry about the story.. Shirley and I will hold the fort.

11. Steve North

Registered

OK...… Here is the latest...
    I saw the doctor today and it is confirmed that I have what is called a milder case of SHINGLES... Mild because of the vaccination I had..
    The doctor gave me a pill (an antiviral pill) that is supposed to stop the spread of the lesions on my body.. I take 3 a day for one week..
    Also another pill that is supposed to dull the pain which is a nerve pain.. It also is every 8 hours, one pill to start and as the pain gets worse, take 2 pills every 8 hours..
    Now, I also still have my OXYCONTIN which is a very powerful pain killer.. They work like crazy but can be addictive if taken too often..
    So far, the pain isn't good but I am coping with it by taking the pills.. The lesions are not getting any worse but they could get worse at any time.. No blisters, just large red spots.. The pain is a burning sensation and it often comes like lightning bolts..
    I am constantly tired and I have very little strength.. I am still doing the cooking as I must have something to do..
    I will NOT be going out to work the land as long as I feel like this.. It will wait for me.. My appetite is still very good.. I drink lots and lots of water daily.. My indoor plumbing system is working perfect ............ Remember, with liquids,...…. What goes in, must come out...

I will keep you informed as time goes by, but I won't be on the computer as much as I was before...

My dear wife keeps on saying, …. if it isn't the virus it is something else that is giving me problems...
    At least I won't die from SHINGLES...

12. Louise Miller

Registered

Sounds like you have a routine worked out already Steve!. hang in there .. were here for ya..
    Now lay back and let your little lady take good care of you..

13. Shirley Martin

Registered

I'm sending you wishes for a speedy recovery, Steve. Come play with us whenever you feel up to it. {{{Hugs}}}

I have started a new Story with no plot and no characters, just to let it sort of ramble and see where it takes us. I hope Steve, Kate and Louise will join in whenever they can.

14. Steve North

Registered

They gave me some …… Famciclovir.... for my shingles.. 3 pills daily for 7 days.. it is supposed to stop the spreading of the lesions..
    So far, so good as they are not getting worse...
    Now the pain is a nerve pain and they gave me some ….Gabapentin … for the pain.. Again 3 pills a day (every 8 hours) for the beginning and I can increase it to 2 pills at a time..
    so far, the pills seem to be working as the pain is a bit better but not completely gone..
    I still take those opioids (Oxycontin) when necessary..

15. Shirley Martin

Registered

Steve, how is it today? Be careful about taking two pain relievers. It might be an overdose.