Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep agree .. especially when it's only a little dog ..however I've never seen snow so I don know much about walking in it ..only what I see on TV

2. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

sounds like someone had to do some shovelin' ..

Shirley , im surprised to see you here, do you live near Raillghi (sp) ?. the storm Helen was suppose to be a real doozie near you , I thought.. anyway..

3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

The roads have been plowed..
    The driveway has been plowed..
    The snow didn't fall in the same time.. This is an accumulation from the beginning of winter...

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Louise Williams , we did get that storm. It started Friday afternoon as rain, after dark, freezing rain and sleet, then Saturday it snowed on top of all that. I guesstimate that we got about an inch of sleet and an inch or so of snow. If it had been all snow, we would have gotten 9 - 10 inches. Areas just north of us got that much. I have only ventured as far as the edge of the carport but Bubba and I did manage to make a few snowballs to throw at each other. The road in front of my house hasn't been scraped yet so I won't be going anywhere soon.

@Steve North , how is your hand? We made some snow cream. Have you ever made snow cream? It was yummy but I only allowed myself to have a couple of tablespoons of it. Aren't I a good girl? :D

5. Louise Williams

Registered

it sure looked bad , stay safe..

Hi Ken , looks like your going to get your new card soon from ken,!! I sure hope you can get something you really can enjoy.. Especially after seeing all you have been through lately..(including that dern dog bite!) Have a good night ..!!

6. Steve North

Registered

Well tomorrow (Tuesday) the stitches come out.. I have an appointment at the local health clinic to have them removed.. It has been almost 2 weeks..
    No more pain at all.. I also finished the antibiotics that was given to me.. They were for one week.. I took yogurt while taking the pills to settle my stomach, but those darn pills made me sort of constipated, so I had to take something for that as well.. Metamucil...
    They gave me a waterproof bandage so I can have a shower, but the darn bandage wasn't that waterproof, so I kept it dry by putting a bag over my hand when I showered or did dishes.. I couldn't shave as I am right handed and can't shave with my left hand.. I will need more stitches in my face if I try that one, so I now have a 2 week old beard.. Tomorrow the beard comes off..

PS... I finally did receive the second prize from Ken and I thanked him one million times from my wife Annmarie and myself.. Truly a wonderful gesture on his part.. I will probably be looking into an electric shaver with my winnings.. That is something I can use after I have my shoulder replacement operation.. Again, it will be my right shoulder which means I can't shave..

7. Steve North

Registered

They are forecasting a severe winter storm in our region for Tuesday evening and lasting up to Wednesday daytime..
    The forecast is up to 30 cms of snow is expected along with extremely high winds which will most likely close the schools for Wednesday giving the kids a snow day.. The high winds will cause snow drifts which will make it worse.. 30 cms is equal to 12 inches which is one foot of snow and that's isn't taking into considerations the snow drifts which could be up to 4 feet high..

Very interesting as we have a medical appointment in Sudbury on Wednesday which is about 125 kms east of Massey.. That is 250 kms of travelling during the storm and along the storm front.. Should the storm and the roads be bad, I will cancel the appointment and rebook it..

WINTER UP HERE IN NORTHERN ONTARIO !!! ......... WE LOVE IT !!!

Just bring on the $now, $$$$$ for our village...

8. Steve North

Registered

The storm is over and it wasn't all that bad.. somehow it seemed to miss us by going further south..
    We only got about 10 cms which is 4 inches and it was windy but not much blowing snow as it was mild..

No snow for the rest of the week including the week-end but it will get cooler..

9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

We have had snow since yesterday...but it's the freezing wind that is making everything feel soooo cold...

10. Steve North

Registered

The snow is over for now and at least for the next few days, if not for a good week..
    The cold is almost over and we will be going into our annual January thaw starting tomorrow, with daytime temperatures above the freezing mark for about one week..

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think we already had our January thaw. It got to 75ยบ here Friday.

12. Steve North

Registered

Shirley... 75 degrees is our summer....
    Our January thaw is nothing like that.. We see 1c or 2 c during the day and -3c to -5c at night..

13. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

It's about 110 f here today in South Aust ...I guess we shouldn't complain we've had a fairly mild summer compaired to last year where we had almost two weeks over the old 100f

14. Louise Williams

Registered

it got up in the 60's today for our January this year.. weather has been very strange lately. lol

15. Steve North

Registered

global warming....
    Climate change...
    Weird things are happening with our weather all over the world...