Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, it snowed about 5cms (2 inches) and by this morning, it started to rain and the temperature rose up to 10c, so everything melted..

2. Steve North

Registered

Now the sun is out and the daytime temperatures are around the 14c mark,,,
    Sunny and very mild all of the coming week.. The long range forecast is also very promising..
    Does that mean that finally ...... SPRING HAS SPRUNG UP HERE...

Actually I made an appointment to have my winter tires removed on Thursday..... its time..
    I might look into getting 4 new all season tires then.. The ones I have now are original and are getting slightly worn out which I don't like.. The only part of your car that touches the road is your tires, so they better be very good ones..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  3. Steve North

Registered

The daytime temperatures are above freezing while the nighttime temperatures are below freezing which makes the maple syrup sap flow like never before.. The maple producing farms are having a super year.. Up here they are working 24/7 and cannot keep up with the flow..

4. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve you can buy little sweaters for little doggies to keep warm,, and also booties for his little footies,too,, check it out on line maybe,, he is soooo cute,, :)

5. Steve North

Registered

Louise.... Believe me when I say he has all kinds of sweaters and even a winter coat..
    As far as booties goes,.... Forget it as he absolutely doesn't like them.. He actually bites them off..
    Now that the warmer weather is here, he is enjoying it.. Come next winter, his hair will be long again for the cold....
    He is very very affectionate.. A bit active, but he is still a puppy.. Being active is a good sign that he has energy to burn, and that is normal.......Totally a lap dog..
    We have an appointment to have him fixed later this month..
    Perhaps after that, he will calm down a bit..

6. Steve North

Registered

Well, the eclipse is all over up here.. We had absolutely nothing as far as darkness goes... it was very overcast so we saw nothing.. It got just a bit dark for about 2 minutes, but nothing like the night..
    Perhaps that was a good thing so nobody can get eye damage from looking at the eclipse without any protective glasses..

7. Steve North

Registered

Would you believe this....
    Now that the eclipse is all over, the sun finally came out and the sky is perfectly clear..

8. Louise Miller

Registered

haha,, we too had a cloudy day but not enough to completely not see the Total eclipes, was pretty neat to see,, we sat in our outdoor chairs and watched the whole thing, we only had one pair of those glasses left from the last eclipes. so had to share , lol

also today,,a little birdy(chickadee i think it was,) hit our bedroom window this afternoon, i ran outside and saw it on the cement pavement ,was still breathing , so i picked it up and put it on our bedroom window ledge outside, kept petting it and checking on it then later in the day hubby, petted it a few strokes,then left, then about 5 minutes after the bird flew off !!!,,, thank goodness, poor thing,,lol

9. Steve North

Registered

I have a question to ask everyone on here... I've been thinking for a while about asking it..

DO YOU TALK TO YOURSELF ????............... Lets be honest about the answer..
    I will start..

No and yes............... No, I don't actually talk out loud, but...
    Yes... Instead of talking out loud, I think it in my head..
    As far as talking out loud, rarely do I do it...
    When I do it, at least I am having an intelligent conversation with myself...

C'mon.... lets hear from everyone on this question...

10. Louise Miller

Registered

Gotta laugh Steve, but Yes ,but only if i do something stupid !!!,
    I give myself hell for doing it !!! bj.png

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep ……..especially if I stuff something up I’m doing ( like sewing ) I call myself …..out loud “ stupid woman “
    so the last couple of days I attempted to cover a 2 fold foam mattress ….i studied the fold ….on a 3 fold mattress we have …yeah ….attempted to make a shaped around the foam ….design that would fold back on itself …..but a 2. Fold ……smaller version of the 3 fold ( for the car when we are traveling long distances ) but NAH…it’s in the bin

No …..not the foam just the fabric attempt……so yep I called myself a stupid woman a few times …

but my excuse was and I’m most certainly sticking to it ….its something I’ve never done before …and never likely to do again…..
    ….and it’s was a complicated design I was attempting to make from just LOOKING at a regular 3 fold single size camping mattress I have .

So in all honesty yep …..I most certainly talked to myself allot in the last couple of days

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  12. Steve North

Registered

Actually they say if you talk to yourself out loud, it is supposed to help you get over whatever is bothering you.................. I don't believe that...

Do you feel better after calling yourself a "stupid woman"..???
    Or giving yourself hell for something???
    Most likely not...........

Thanks for answering and I hope I can get more answers...

13. Louise Miller

Registered

i call myself a dummy anytime i screw upsomething up, kinda like what kate does....Guess its better then using swearing words outloud !!! those words are only in my mind, lol not outta my mouth!! bj.png

14. Steve North

Registered

Louise... That's absolutely normal and good....
    If something bothers you, let it out one way or another...

15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Louise and Kate, I happen to know that both of you are smart and talented. And don't try to argue with me because I'm always right. :p

I talk to myself a lot. When I do, I call myself Shoiley, m'girl.... "Shoiley, m'girl, you really need to get off this computer and mop the kitchen floor." The problem is that I don't always listen to myself. :) "Shoiley, m'girl, that's a mighty big fish you caught there. You done good. " :)

We caught some nice fish last weekend. My share was enough to cook and have some left to share with two people. I have a bluebird box at the river. I had one egg in it when we left. I took some pictures of the bluebird. I'll post them later.

Kate Ellery likes this.