Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with your decision, Steve. You are doing him a favor as well as yourselves. They say that dogs that have been spayed or neutered live longer and are healthier than those who have not. They are also less likely to wander off if there is a female in heat nearby.

We are not ignoring you, Steve. It's just that we are here at different times.

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Of course Shirley...
    I'm just teasing you... I realize that we have different times..

Shirley Martin likes this.
  3. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

"He will have a cone over his head for about 10 days after, to avoid him licking the wound.."
    We are NOT looking forward to this, but it must be done..."
    Bless his little heart Steve, but how can he eat with that thing on his face,? are you able to remove it if needed? i Hope!

4. Steve North

Registered

Louise.. The cone is to prevent him from licking the wound.. It isn't longer than his head so he can eat and drink.. The cone is never removed for the time it is on..
    I will post a picture of him when we get home..

5. Louise Miller

Registered

Ok, got it, bless his little heart.. soon will be spring , then, summer time,
    and i bet he will love the outdoor playing and walks..

6. Steve North

Registered

No games tonight as I must get to bed very early to get up early tomorrow to bring the dog to the vet for his operation...
    He has to be there for 9:00am and it is about 35 minutes away from our house..
    We pick him up at 4:30 in the afternoon and come home..
    He will be out of it tomorrow after the sedation.. Most likely in pain as well..
    All we can give him is... LOVE..

7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Been to the city today to have stitches taken out of a small skin cancer I had taken off my forehead up near hairline
    luckily he got it all as it’s a type that could spread .

So not planning much tomorrow so I should be here to play a few games , so see ya all tomorrow which is Thursday for me :p:D

Steve pups tend to get over surgery fairly quickly but it’s still a good thing for pets to be desexed as it’s called here I believe they are calmer / live longer

8. Steve North

Registered

I just came on here to kill some time while Benji is in surgery..
    While I was on here, the vet called to tell me that the surgery is all over and he is still asleep but doing very well. He had a hernia that they fixed at the same time, also he had only one testicle that dropped, so they attended to that at the same time.. In other words, he had 3 things done to him.. He will be in pain, but they will give us some special pain killers for him for the next week..
    Must run....

9. Shirley Martin

Registered

Maybe he will calm down some now, Steve. My niece recently had her dog neutered and she says he has calmed down a lot. It may be that he has outgrown some of that puppy energy or that he has been 'Fixed."

10. Steve North

Registered

Well, we are home and he is quite in pain as well as bewildered.. He had 3 different surgery.. One because there was a hernia, one because he had only one testicle that dropped and they had to get the other one, and for his neutering...... Don't tell me that it isn't quite an ordeal..... No wonder he is in pain...
    He has a cone on his head for 10 days.. There is no problem for him to eat or drink with the cone on.. It never comes off anyway till next week..
    He ate a bit and drank water a bit, but he really isn't himself.. I took a picture of him with his cone and I will post it tomorrow..
    They gave me pain killers to be given every morning after he eats.. He also has a calm down pill for the next 10 days given twice a day..
    Yes he will calm a bit later on, but that will take a few months till we see a difference..
    For now, all we can do for him is give him lots of love..

11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Poor Benji he’s been put through the mill but I bet his glad to be home with his “ mum and Dad”
    Steve , his settling pills could well be the same that’s given to humans called Prozac like a antidepressant so I believe
    a dog we looked after in North Adelaide was on them, I said to Ron before we even started the sit, I recon the owner should be taking them not the dog :eek::eek:she was a super hyped up woman

12. Steve North

Registered

No Kate, its not Prozac, but something similar.. It really doesn't matter as long as it works..
    He is sound asleep as I write this..
    I have one picture of him with his cone and I will try to take a few more today before I post them on here..

13. Louise Miller

Registered

Go to "Pets and Critters " in the Forums.,, about one of my cats... happend a longtime ago...
    be back later today, byeee 4 now,

Shirley Martin likes this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Registered

15. Louise Miller

Registered

Yes, and I still miss him to this day...pets are part of people's family ,as far as i can remember,..
    Our Good Lord would not have given them to us for no reason..