Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

Have a safe and healthy trip Kate!!! ,,looking forward to see some of the pics you will be taking too,
    always interesting to see another country's pictures,,

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I just got up to go to the bathroom and I came on here to get tired again.. As I look out the window, the grass is all white from a severe frost we had overnight.. It still isn't time to start planting anything.. It is just sunrise and when the sun comes out, everything will be OK with a nice warm day, but the nights are still almost freezing..

3. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

Welll Steve,at least you have a nice warm house and your doggie and beautiful wife to keep you happy,,,while you wait for spring to get started again,, its been very warm here now and i think we are in for a long hot summer ,then we will be moaning and growning about the heat!!LOL fainting.gif

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been feeling poorly lately. Not my usual chipper self. I have cellulitis in my left leg. Poor thing is all red and swollen. I'm taking an antibiotic so maybe I'll be better before too long.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Take care @Shirley Martin one of the people we used to take care of animals for has that and cause she has a high price premium private hospital cover she gets put in hospital when hers flare up , to be honest I don’t know allot about what causes it but I’ve seen Judy’s leg when it’s been red / swollen / real scaly/ dry skin looking

We haven’t seen them cause they don’t go away much now days cause her partner has got Parkinson’s

6. Kate Ellery

Registered

We’ve had a sudden change of plans and we are not going away as planned next week …..I’m secretly saying Yeah …:):):):):):):).we can stay home ….the older I get the more I enjoy staying home ….
    Sadly the older of the couple was hit by a car he’s in his 60’s and had a badly broken leg due to being run over so hey have canceled the trip and hoping they will be covered by thier travel insurance for having to cancel the trip
    He sent me a photo of his leg in plaster

7. Steve North

Registered

Well, I guess that's good news and bad news.. Sorry to hear about someone having an accident however it seems like you are sort of rejoicing about the change of plans..
    Shall I say welcome back even if you never left ???.. How about glad you will stay...

Kate Ellery likes this.
  8. Steve North

Registered

Everything is fine up here.. Not much going on which is peaceful..
    My daughter calls us almost every day just to make sure we are doing fine and to chat..
    Tomorrow is Mothers Day here..

HERE'S WISHING ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL LADIES A HAPPY...

.........MOTHERS DAY..

9. Kate Ellery

Registered

It’s Mother’s Day in Aussieland as well Steve …second sunday in May …

10. Kate Ellery

Registered

Yes and tomorrow I’ve got a phone appointment with Apple regarding my very annoying iPad issues Yah …let hope that can solve the issues for me .

Seeming I’m not going away until next month due to the homeowners car accident resulting in a broken leg ….
    Photo he sent me of his broken leg
    image000000.jpeg

and when we do go away it will be a shorter time

I’d never heard of Apple being able to “ log into “ someone’s iPad but that’s what I’m told ……...they with my permission can go into the iPad while I have it in front of me and look for issues was you aware of that @Yvonne Smith I’ve heard of scammers conning people that way but not Apple to try to analyse issues with iPad

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I know that computer can be set up that way, @Kate Ellery , and it makes sense that an iPad could be also. I have an older MacBook and it is set up so that my son can log into it from his home if he needed to do something with the MacBook.
    You can log into your apple account with your ipad, phone, MacBook, etc; so if an apple customer service rep has your log in info, then they can probably look at your ipad and fix whatever is causing it to freeze up, and if not, then they might replace it for you.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  12. Kate Ellery

Registered

I was talking the Christopher tonite ( the homeowner and his husband ) we was going to do a month long sit for in Queensland ….he was rundown
    on a pedestrian crossing crushing his lower leg / foot

13. Steve North

Registered

How unfortunate to be run down when it is the proper place to cross..

14. Kate Ellery

Registered

We don’t know the men , I’ve spoken to them on the phone several times and the one who’s suffered the dreadful injury is in his 60’s so as we are all aware we don’t heal from injuries like we did when young .

Now….. we’ve struck many nice people in our travels and some totally mean as mean people who despite us sitting for them ..taking care of pets …watering extensive gardens all for $0000 cost , they have then charged us to stay in old 2 second home for a couple of days …..they own that’s otherwise not lived in .

Today the man who was injured over the weekend offered us a week free of charge in a unit they own at Surfers Paradise ( a very high tourist area ) about 20 km from where their home is that we were going to stay in and take care of their cats while they traveled overseas for 32 days

The unit is over looking the ocean on the 18th Floor so we will enjoy that ….however being a city that never sleeps we won’t be venturing outside at night as it also has a high crime rate and it attracts allot of what used to be described as “Dole bludgers”
    who like to surf as it’s one of the most popular surfing beaches / tourist areas in Australia / Hollywood actors have homes along huge canals / sea front high rises worth many millions …so it will be a short interesting stay https://www.queensland.com/au/en/places-to-see/destinations/gold-coast/surfers-paradise

15. Steve North

Registered

Kate... It looks very very nice.. Enjoy your free week...
    As far as different people goes, I always said... "It takes all kinds of people to make a world"...