Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We was originally going to leave for our warmer country trip tomorrow , but it’s giving us more time home … ( 3 weeks extra time home ) ….Yah …so now we’ve booked 2 weeks in a unit at Coolangatta at our expense it’s our favourite destination and a much slower pace than Surfers paradise I’d mentioned ….at Coolangatta we can park our car at the underground car park and leave it there if we wish for the whole 2 weeks as we can walk to most places that we’d want to visit / dance or just take a short bus ride to other dances

Then we are off to the Sunshine Coast QLD ( sitting) for 2 weeks that’s 200 km above Brisbane and we’ve never been there so it will be all very new to us , the home is located on a golf course and altho it’s a very touristy location it will be our choice if we mingle with tourists or just stay put and relax in our surroundings .

then as I mentioned up here ^^^ the home owners we were due to sit for that now can’t go away due to a accident are giving us their extra home ….a unit in surfers paradise… which is on the 18th floor of a building …….story up here ^^^ for a week for free

So after all that we will be taking a week to get to QLD including stopping off at Canbera for 2 days on our way
    Not heading off on our trip till June 4 th now because of change of plans

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad you are not put into a position where you are rushed to go somewhere.. You have time to do it slowly as far as getting ready goes.. Then you are not in a rush to get where you have to be..
    It sounds like an extremely relaxing vacation..

3. Steve North

Registered

I have been working outside for the past few days and I am feeling much better both physically and mentally.. I have been cleaning up the area from winter mess.. Lots of work but I am doing it slowly..

4. Steve North

Registered

Looks like I am all alone again... Its because of the time I come on here which is just before bed time..

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I don't have cellulitis after all. I have taken two rounds of antibiotics, and it hasn't helped. Tests have ruled out blood clot, cancer, and cellulitis. So, I have to have more tests to see what it is. Meanwhile, I'm supposed to keep my leg elevated a lot.

Louise called me yesterday and said she can't sign in to SoC. I just sent Ken a PM and asked if he can help her.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  6. Kate Ellery

Registered

I noticed Louise had not played any games for a while , oh dear hope she doesn't have to hassles she experienced last time and had to start all over again ….I honestly think logging into ANY WEBSITE has got much harder , but we shouldn’t complain with all the scams many sites are making it harder for scammers to log on ….or sign up for an account but also making it more frustrating for us as well

7. Kate Ellery

Registered

Good news about any nasty things going on with you @Shirley Martin is it possible you got bitten by anything ?
    I find it frustrating when we are forced to sit for long periods ….but if it works all good …but jobs tend to mount up while sitting and for active people like you Shirley ….it must be irritating to say the least

8. Steve North

Registered

I also had a swollen leg (my left leg) and the doctor sent me for all kinds of tests..
    In the end, he told me to keep my foot elevated like in the recliner as much as possible, stay off of salt, and wear a compression sock.. I did all of those things and within 2 to 3 weeks, the swelling went down to normal... It hasn't returned even though I don't wear the sock any more, I keep my foot up in the recliner when I am sitting in it, and I couldn't care less about salt as I don't use it much anyway..

9. Kate Ellery

Registered

Steve ….about 2 years ago my BP kept going up …and up despite taking 3 different BP pills and of course the dr was questioning my salt intake ……and as always I’d say …NO simply because I’ve never been a big user of salt , I use a little in meat
    dishes but never in steamed veggies …..we very rarely eat anything out of a can
    all our food is prepared from fresh or frozen foods ( veggies )

anyway the Dr decided to give me what I call a script for a blood test and surprise …surprise he was quite alarmed …….my salt levels were very low and advised me to eat more salt … since then and a change of BP meds ..again…. my BP is very good and I’m taking 1/2 a tablet a day

Last edited: May 17, 2024
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate, doc said it is not from any kind of bite. But we don't know what it is. I guess we'll find out some time. :)

I take three pills for my blood pressure. Aliskirin , Amlodipine and a pee pill. :) aka (Furosemide) I take levothyroxine for my thyroid. Today, I got three months supple of amlodipine, furosemide and levothyroxine for $7.71 per month, The aliskirin costs an arm and a leg..... almost $100 a month. But it's the only thing I can take that doesn't have bad side effects.

11. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’m taking 1/2 of 40 mg Olmesartan with 12.5 “ water pill” I’m amazed how how BP has changed for the better after going to see a cardiologist who put me through heaps of tests for try to find out the reason for the high BP despite taking 3 pills
    My BP this morning was 130/ 71…it used to be 170…190 most morning's

12. Steve North

Registered

Today is the "One Year" since our son David died..
    Needless to say, we are very disturbed and still in mourning over his sudden death..
    He was only 49 years old and he left a lovely wife and 4 girls under 10 years of age..
    Never does a day go by that we don't mention how much he is missed by us..

13. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry, Steve, has to be very heart breaking for you and your wife and also his wife and kids!!! but know he is in a good place now,,

14. Kate Ellery

Registered

My heart gos out to you and all the family Steve , on this painful anniversary of loosing your dearly loved son

15. Steve North

Registered

We got through the stressful day of course.. We received several phone calls wishing us a better day and remembering our son, David.. I tried to keep us occupied as much as possible to pass the time.. Guess it worked...