Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

So Long, farewell...Auf Wiedersehen..Goodbye... Adios...hasta Luego...au revoir mon ami.... Good luck, hope goes well with everything, and we'll see you in 4 weeks or when you're better whichever comes soonest!!...

Remember while you're recovering even though you can't post..you can still come in and read the posts here to keep you company!!

2. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes . good luck Steve and hope your healing time is short. and yep , you can at least keep up with the posts as we cheer you on your quick recovery..

Looking forward to Annemarie's updates too, will miss you dearly here. 20122161526505.gif

3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm back.. Operation went OK.. I am having big trouble typing with my left hand.., I am in a sling with my right arm..
    Pain was something else but after 5 days, it seems to be subsiding a bit.. The operation was 3 hours long and there was side effects from the length of the op.. Urine problems as the medication had caused my prostate to close down.. I needed a catheter to allow me to empty my bladder.. My left arm had issues as there was a pinched nerve in my neck that prevented me from using my left arm for about 3 days.. Back to normal now.. My appetite just went out the window.. Can' eat !! ...Now that I am home, my Princess is cooking good food for me and I can now start eating again..
    Getting better each day but slowly.. I am no where using my right arm yet.. pain has almost gone but there is still some there from the incision and not from the joint..
    That's it for now.................. I will try to post more info later..

4. Steve North

Registered

I would like to play some games but it way too difficult to type and play..
    I will see how I feel tomorrow but not tonight..

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

We miss you on the games @Steve North but you mustn't compromise yourself in any way which might hinder your recovery ( I know you know that anyway already)...if you can mange to play a few games that will be great... otherwise, just take things easy and we'll enjoy you back with us when you feel better!!

6. Louise Williams

Registered

Wow Steve..! its finally over and so now the healing begins. try to keep off the pain meds.

And as you said, you have been down this road before.. so you know the routine. hope your appetite gets better as you need your strength back. I bet your glad to be home too,

When do you go back to the doc? and when will you begin rehab? I know your sweetheart is taking very good care of you.. Bless her heart.. So glad your back home already...Stay Strong!!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  7. Steve North

Registered

The staples come out around the 12th day which is next week, Friday.. I will be contacting the physiotherapist tomorrow to see when I start which should be before the staples come out and from then, twice a week for about 6 months..
    Now, there is NO way I can have a shower or get the incision wet till a few days after the staples come out..
    I STINK AS IS, SO IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL BE IN ONE MORE WEEK...
    I do get spongies but it doesn't replace a true shower with soap..
    The pain is getting better and better every day but the worse time is night time as I must sleep only on my back and then the pain lets me know it is there..
    I tried playing some games but I just can't do any typing yet.. Perhaps another few days..

8. Steve North

Registered

I have an appointment in 3 weeks with my surgeon and it will be by teleconferencing rather than drive to Sault Ste. Marie which is 3 hour drive one way.. That means sleeping over for those visits..
    He wants to see me in 6 weeks from the operation..

Physio is in the town of Espanola which is a 35 minute drive from Massey.. They have a hospital there where I will get my physio and teleconferencing .. Twice a week for about 6 months will be enough of a trip in its own..

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  9. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome back safe and sound @Steve North I know you must have some severe pain but it sounds like your doing the right thing and taking care not to,push yourself to much to,soon ..just imagine how hard it must be for anyone who,has had surgery and lives alone , at least you have your dear wife to,take care of you
    Take care ,see you when you feel you can get back to playing games

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  10. Steve North

Registered

I tried to play a few games but it is difficult using only my left hand to type and the mouse..

Meanwhile I played a few... getting a bit better..
    Tired now...off to bed..

11. Steve North

Registered

While in the hospital, they changed my pain killers from Oxycodone to Hydromorphone 2mg. taken 1 or 2 pills when needed.. Evidently, they work faster, easier on the stomach, and are more powerful..
    So far, I have no complaint on them as they are doing their job.. The pain is no where like is was.. Much better..

Sleep is something else.. sleeping only on my back isn't easy or very comfortable.. I manage to get about 8 or 9 hours of sleep nightly but that takes me a few hours more to accomplish.. i like to take a nap in the afternoon if possible as it helps the tiredness..

I had a homecare physiotherapist visit me at home yesterday to get me going with certain exercises.. That was a help..
    I also have an appointment in the hospital for physio starting next week.. That will be twice a week for 6 months at least..
    Staples will come out on Monday the 10th here in our local clinic.. Then and only then can I take a shower, till then, I STINK...

12. Louise Williams

Registered

"Then and only then can I take a shower, till then, I STINK..." :eek::D:D:D

At least your back on the mend, Steve, time heals everything , you seem to be fairing very well,, soon you will be outside and able to be your old self again.. Im sure the therapy will be most unpleasant at first but you have to get through the pain to make the gain, they say.... And as you already have told us ..
    Glad your able to be back here with us again.. take care..

13. Steve North

Registered

I had a different experience happen to me today.. I received a phone call at noon from an organisation that provides home assistance to persons that have just come home from the hospital and need help to function with certain things..
    This person offered to come over and give me a sponge bath.. Heck, who am I to say no.......
    This lovely young homecare worker arrived and I had a full sponge bath and now I feel sanitized..
    She told me that as long as I feel I need help to bath or shower, she will come and help me..
    She is a homecare worker and is paid by the government as part of a plan to help those that can't help themselves..

STINK ALL GONE !!!!

14. Steve North

Registered

Had not a bad day today.. Didn't do much but I sat out on our patio and took some sun..
    The big pain seems to come during the night and not that much during the day.. I manage to take pain killers only once during the night..
    Can't wait for Monday when those stupid staples come out.. It seems that they are bothering me more than anything.. They could be causing the pain..
    I sleep a lot and am always tired, so I take a nap in the afternoon.. That just isn't me..

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Steve go easy on yourself ...you're no spring chicken ( no offence intended), and you've just been through major surgery..you're going to feel exhausted . of course you are, and going to sleep is your body's way of trying to heal itself...just allow it, don't fight it... and don't feel it's wrong ...

I suspect you might have thought it would be the same recovery as the last time, but you were a certain amount of years younger then... so don't worry too much...let your body take it's time ( frustrating as it is).... and heal. Let's hope you get more relief when the staples come out...

Wishing you lots of healing prayers..

6db6e9eba9b0934b48389f97981a7fdb--get-well-wishes-get-well-soon-cards.jpg