Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Supper tonight was a tuna casserole with a ton of veggies in it.. Actually, it should be called a veggie casserole with tuna..
    I made a smaller one in order not to have any leftovers..
    We both pigged out and finished everything..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was wedges of B/S chicken breasts, breaded (my breading) and pan fried in hot oil..
    steamed cauliflower with a buttery, garlic sauce and sesame seeds..
    Frozen blueberries with heavy cream and some sweetener (honey) for desert..
    Pot of tea..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before that, I made homemade pizzas using large wraps, pizza sauce (canned), sliced mushrooms, diced red onions, sliced green sweet peppers, and a ton of mozzarella cheese..
    Under the broiler in the middle of the oven till the top starts to be golden..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have started cooking slowly and rather simple meals..
    Breakfast.... 3 eggs each omelette style for my wife and scrambled for me..

3. Steve North

Registered

I had a homemaker come here to assist me in having a shower today..
    I feel totally sanitized and much better.. They come twice a week to give me a shower.. I really need it as this summer has been quite humid and I stink after a few days..

4. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow Steve, sounds like your just crankin' along very well there. cookin' and all.! you go Steve!!

5. Steve North

Registered

Still having trouble trying to sleep on my left side..
    For some reason, I end up with pain in my right shoulder which isn't good..
    Back to sleeping on my back again for another little while.. The problem with back sleeping is I don't get a deep and restful sleep.. Somehow I end up sleeping with my mouth open and I get up with a dry mouth.. Not all the time, but often..

6. Louise Williams

Registered

Try propping your back with pillows so you can kinda rest your back ??..
    or maybe try sleeping on your couch? that way you have a good back support sleeping on your side..prop a pillow between your legs too, might help when laying on your side..

7. Shirley Martin

Registered

8. Steve North

Registered

Here is a picture of my Son David who was elected president of the Transportation Union of Canada..

[​IMG]

Congratulations to Brother David Clark who has been elected the new National President of the Union of Canadian Transportation Employees (UCTE). Well deserved and our Union is in great hands.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Registered

I'm sure you are proud of him, @Steve North . You must have had a positive influence on his life.

10. Steve North

Registered

He also has the intuitive to go on in life to become someone.. That's his character and we encourage him 100% on that..

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Steve North

Registered

A brief update..
    It is now 5 weeks today since my replacement.. I am now starting to take off the sling in the house during the day for a while.. Still no lifting or pulling or sideways movements, but I let my arm dangle to straighten it out and it feels good..
    I am now at the keyboard typing this and I am using both hands just as before however my right hand is on the base of the keyboard and I loosened up the strap on the sling to allow some slack to type.. I am using the mouse with my right hand for the first time..
    Still no pain even when I am doing my exercises.. I haven't taken a pain killer in a long time.. Can't remember the last one..
    I am cooking again but not lifting the heavy pots and pans.. Chopping and stirring and making, but no lifting..
    I have started to do some grocery shopping but not going through every aisle of the supermarket.. That's still a bit much..
    No driving of the car just yet..

Just a quick update on my condition...
    I feel like I am slowly getting there but there is still a long way to go before I am considered to be at the peak of the use of my arm..

I am definitely not sorry I had the operation..

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Excellent, you're doing soooo well after only 5 weeks Steve, well done.....it's huge operation to have to go through at any age, but at your age 39.. ;)...it's even more of a big deal, so you're a real trooper... and incredible that you've not taken a painkiller in ages..wow!! :)

13. Steve North

Registered

Thanks Holly..
    I do my exercises and my intention is to get back to living using my arm as soon as possible, however the worst thing I can do is overdo it with straining it.............

14. Steve North

Registered

Had my homemaker come over today (Thursday) to give me a shower.. I get a homemaker 3 times a week to shower me, all paid by our healthcare system.. Believe me, in this summer heat I need a shower at least 3 times a week.. For now, there is no way I could do it myself however as time goes on, I am getting better, and soon I will be OK to shower on my own..
    I am now starting to do some cooking.. Made supper a few times and breakfast almost every day.. Made French Toast for breakfast yesterday.. A tuna casserole for supper last night and a BBQ the night before with a fresh salad using veggies from our garden..
    Still NO driving as I am still in a sling for another week or so..

15. Louise Williams

Registered

Your making big improvements all the time, Steve. Your doing good!!