Garden: 2020

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Ken Anderson, May 3, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Now, all you guys are good gardeners and of that there is no doubt but........
    How many of you can honestly say that you use the cracks on the porch deck to raise Kale like my wife does?

CFF17A6E-C44F-47FA-91D6-27F79D907679.jpeg

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

An update on my garden. So far, everything is growing good this year, the extra sunlight has helped a whole lot. The beans (from the grocery store bag of beans) that I planted have sprouted, and are growing like crazy ! I planted them too thick probably , but I can always thin them out if necessary.
    The plants on the shelves of the white stand are the beans, and some cucumbers, so you can see how well the beans have grown.
    I am still adding more of the bamboo into my garden fence, and making it more sturdy.

E2DA1108-4516-434F-AB49-95CC615F0543.jpeg

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

lillygarden-072520.jpg

A daylily volunteered to grow in my front yard, probably related to the one that volunteered to grow on the other side of the driveway a few years ago, and has been thriving, so I decided to buy a few more daylilies, of a couple of different colors, and make a garden for them. along with a couple of other bulb plants that the squirrels transplanted there a few years ago.