Genius?

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Bobby Cole, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Well-Known Member
    Registered

Walter O'Brien comes to mind when I think genius. The tv show Scorpion is based on him and his real life crew of geniusus. And if I spelled that word wrong it must be because I am not a genius.

Bobby Cole and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

:D :p

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Registered

Thomas Edison.......hmmmmmm. Yep, he was a genius of sorts. Edison is best described as an idea and business man. Although his knowledge of mechanics and engineering truly warrants some recognition, the people he surrounded himself with like Tesla, were the real items of invention genius.

I will admit that his movie projector and phonograph were astounding. It is said that necessity is the mother of invention so what probably happened is his mother or wife wouldn't let him go out clubbing so he had to invent something to listen to at home. Kind of like the caveman Ogg who had to discover a way to artificially start a fire so he could see to change the channels on the TV.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

The phonograph - can't imagine life without that music source, although I guess a lot of us would have been
    musicians - so that's good too :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Many geniuses have these traits in common. (I found this on the internet, so it must be true.)

Bobby Cole likes this.