Getting Certain Things Done Pleases Me No End

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

W
    With my education, I do not speak like a typical Jerseyan or even New Yorker, which is practically one and the same. But there is a hint of it when I get somewhat excited. Most people who've never met me before think I am from the Midwest somewhere.

Beth Gallagher and Bess Barber like this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not physically able to swim any longer due to my Peripheral Neuropathy. same with putting.

3. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

OK being honest here I love my life all I can and push my body way to hard, my plans through Sunday have changed due to weather and mud here, but will list as my typical week, these were the original plans:
    Sunday cooked for neighbors with best friend at her house next door to me
    Monday house chores home all day
    Tuesday up at 3am drive 100 miles to Oklahoma to fish all day home at 10pm, had a great time
    Wednesday paid for Tuesday very tired stayed home all day and rested
    Thursday today house work cleaning and dusting washing, rain and mud outside
    Friday go visit friends help with chores there
    Saturday go back to Oklahoma fishing up again at 3am repeat Tuesday or shoot in our church's pistol match (cancelled to mud) then funeral if not fishing
    Sunday cook for friends

Now what is happening:
    today house cleaning and washing, Friday either go to a friends or stay home again, Saturday take best friend to a funeral and go eat, Sunday cook for friends again

That's about my schedule close to it weekly but can add 2-3 fishing trips weekly
    daily feed livestock and dogs try to also walk daily with them day or night walks, I admit I push my old body very hard also have broken shoulder now also cancer survivor, rarely slow down and feel lost if I do so. Dad sat down when mother passed I refuse to do so. Not a sitter here. I know I do to much but refuse to stop while I still do what I love to do. Just not enough days to do it all every week.

Next week already have 3 days planned out about the same as listed, Sunday also. I sure have no issue sleeping!

Per topic I love my life and shall try to wear it out hard as I can.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I would think that the buoyancy of water would be a perfect medium for your neuropathy. No pressure on the extremities.

5. Lois Winters

Registered

That's quite active, Tex. You have to love fishing to drive 100 miles to partake in that sport. Good for you.

6. Lois Winters

Registered

I have neuropathy as well, and the water is terrific for it. At least it works for me. I even stand in the shower for far longer than ordinary people do, but then, I am a water rat.

7. Tex Dennis

Registered

If I think of doing something well ok maybe but think again I try to do it, I said try do what you can every day you can was my advice from my #1 uncle Hans, he also sat down like dad and it got him as well. I admit I still feel some tired today but just now was looking for something to cook that I have the things for, not much luck other than pancakes but did that last night.
    Also will add I get alot of the free dinner mailers to listen to someone try to sell you something and take my handicapped friend to lots of them we have never yet bought anything. Don't plan to either. We do get some great meals free. Only turn the ones down that eat late.

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Tex Dennis

Registered

Copy of P1000854.JPG
    Lois that's 100 each way, I drive about 400-500 miles not counting Oklahoma trips a week normally here, I know it is a lot but with others splitting fuel not to bad. Thank you very much for the nice words, I try hard. Cooking quesadillas that I have everything for. I know well not many share my lifestyle but its mine and I love it also so grateful I can do it, almost 10 years now every darn week....

My daily uniform here rarely ever changes but to a clean one and winter clothes added.
    I am 6'1" tall note my bull BigMan he was 2700 lbs and if you had a peach follow you anywhere for it.
    Never an issue getting into a trailer as that equaled going to meet the girls!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  9. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I too am a water rat and ex competitive swimmer 200 yd Individual Medly but getting in and out of the water is my problem. No balance.Believe me----If I could do it I would.

Bess Barber likes this.
  10. Tex Dennis

Registered

Lon love your posts never ever stop I believe you well you would never stop.

11. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Tex Dennis
    Growing up, we were always scared of the brahma bulls since they had a tendency to be quite aggressive. I think it's cool you had one you could actually touch and he would follow you.

Lois Winters likes this.
  12. Tex Dennis

Registered

Bess I had his mother and watched him born he fell into the creek, with Sunday clothes and all I went in and lifted him out soaked and drowning wet with slimey mud, his mother was not in any position after birthing to help so my turn, I played with him like a dog from that day on even had a bed in garage on horrible weather nights with his mama, then we played me lean into him and push him well he never forgot that and you had to really watch him as he wanted to still play, had him also halter broke and could lead him then the peach was found and oh my a monster created but could also use them to get him anywhere we walked forwards backed up and all then he got a girlfriend and enjoyed the trailer ride to her and did not forget that just would walk in knowing what was coming soon, finally died of old age, I have a picture of grand daughter on him also, he was so tall and big people were very scared of him, also loved ice cream bars a lot! He gave our heifers ears and long legs, still have many from him. I also had an albino heifer bread to him but she turned out half crazy and sold her and calf bread back as a 3 n 1 package. Love to relive those great days again. Heaven forbid get a rope on him no issue there but wanted to play when you had to remove it. None of us had any fear of him what so ever. You just had to really watch him.

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Lois Winters

Registered

Tex, your lifestyle is uniquely yours and stay with it for as long as you can. Sounds as though you stay in reasonably good shape and I think you must be quite healthy.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Tex Dennis

Registered

Thank you all so much...… Just sitting here watching 4 German Shepherds eat a very late breakfast early lunch. I am going to spend most of my day with them today. Sometimes plans do change I have to help my neighbor get home from her hair appointment, got a friend to drop her off I retrieve her.

Lois Winters likes this.
  15. Tex Dennis

Registered

Lois my best friends are doctors I take fishing they have given my the real want to stay as healthy as I can and I am told don't change anything in my life as it works for me. I used ho hate to visit a doctor not anymore, anything at all wrong I am there. When I found I had malignate cancer it was removed in 4 days surgery time. 4 days! 4-1/2 yrs free now and going. Being pushed to do right by the right people helped me very much.

Lois Winters likes this.