Go, Boris Johnson!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

No, she's not looking well and seems to have a health problem which she vehemently denies, though but doctors think differently about it. Have you heard about her trembling spells? She obviously can't stand as long as certain ceremonies require anymore and starts visibly and uncontrollably trembling causing concern among her guests of state.
    Now the protocol has had to be changed several times because of that allowing her to sit where she ought to be standing. Now it is hoped that she can overcome it while being on holiday. If there is one because Parliament (700) have to interrupt their holidays today and come back to Berlin because of the inauguration of the new Defence Secretary. (for you with a "c" :D)

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry that she is having health problems. That's the first I've heard about it. I've always liked Angela Merkel [​IMG]

Frank Sanoica and Thomas Stearn like this.
  3. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Understand.

Am on an English site that talks about Brexit have never look at any post on that thread.

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know much about Boris (yet), but I'd put big money on Trump's vanity. All that orange pancake makeup (or fake tan) must get tedious. :D

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh yes we're constantly updated about Merkels ''shaking spells''.. everything from PD to too much booze has been touted as a reason... and yep seen lately that she's had to sit down more.., there's clearly something amiss, and probably something quite seriously wrong with her health..(they all deny it till they can't any more)...

Not discussing politics but I gotta just add..did you see that Boris sacked half of Mrs May's Cabinet within 2 hours of being PM today?.. 4 jumped before they were pushed, 2 resigned... a total of 16 gone in one fell swoop.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher
    Absolutely! In retrospect, seems like most of those individuals possessed of huge amounts of dough exhibit great vanity, especially if their wealth was acquired by "using" of others. A few exceptions to my rule: Henry Ford, Howard Hughes, Warren Buffett, Steve Forbes, Tom Selleck.
    Frank

7. Thomas Stearn

Registered

I hadn't heard of it when you were posting this but it was in the news later on. Good move. I'd have done the same although getting a parliamentary majority still seems questionable. Now he has no choice anyway after he'd stuck his neck out like he did. Let him go ahead. Better a painful break than an endless agony.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

OK, I admire HRH Queen Elizabeth greatly, but I have always wondered why on earth she is always carrying her handbag, even in her home. :D Is this her way of telling people, "I was just on my way out, so I'll quickly name Boris the PM and I'm on my way to Asda?" Or is she packin' heat??

[​IMG]

9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Boris knows how to drain a Swamp!

Hallington Halsworth, Esq.

10. Thomas Stearn

Registered

I assume you know the answer yourself, Beth. ;) But since you are asking:
    She carries her handbag when there's an official appointment even if that's in her home. Although it may look like a private meeting face-to-face, appointing Johnson as the new PM is an official appointment with the press being around and photos for the world being taken. It also makes her kind of look dressed, doesn't it. And she doesn't have to think what to do with her hands. :D

BTW, did you notice the Dyson fan by the fireplace? That's how she copes with the heat - apart from using her handbag for this.:D

11. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I think the handbag was to hit him with :p

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

13. Thomas Stearn

Registered

:D, I think she's more dignified. Wasn't Maggie a kind of copycat then? Anyway, a handbag spares women from forming the Merkel rhombus.

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

You do know what 'smileys' are for ? :p

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  15. Thomas Stearn

Registered

I might have a faint idea. ;) Did you see mine (i.e. the green monster ;)) at the beginning of my sentence, too?

Patsy Faye likes this.