Good Question!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Brittany Houser, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The families of black murder victims are receiving millions of dollars in federal money, while white murder victims aren't even acknowledged.

3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

And that's only the tip of the iceberg, Ken! The whole country seems to be convinced that all cops are racist psychopaths, because of a few cases where they were attacked by overgrown thugs, and had to defend themselves! Black on black crime is even worse than black on white crime, and I don't hear Jackson, Sharpton or Obama uttering a word about any of that! I wonder if this administration is trying to start a revolution, or at best, a race war?

4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Far too often, in the past few years, the police have acted like thugs themselves, and in some cases, it has been racist in nature. The kid with the toy gun, for example. Three times, before he even arrived on scene, the dispatcher told the cop that the complainant had suggested that it might be a toy gun. Yet, within seconds of arriving on the scene, the cop shot this kid dead, and I have little doubt that, if that child had been white, he (the cop) wouldn't have felt threatened. Oh, I doubt that he went to work that day planning on killing a black kid, but I do believe that he perceived a black kid with a gun as being more dangerous than a white kid with a gun, or that the black kind was more likely to have a real gun than a white kid.

However, most of the police overreactions have not been racial in nature. Plenty of white people have been unnecessarily shot to death by police over the past couple of years but the media ignores these, or fails to mention that the victim was white, just as they seldom mention the race of a black police officer who shoots someone.

Even here in my part of Maine, we've had a couple of police shootings that were entirely unnecessary.

In one case, an East Millinocket cop responded to a noise complaint in a rural area outside of Medway, Maine. An older man, I think he was in his seventies, had gotten drunk at home and was making some noise so a neighbor complained. By the time the cops got there, he had settled down, and was about to go to bed. When the cops knocked on the door at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, he answered the door with a gun in his hand. The cops shot him several times, killing him.

If you happen to live in a place with gun control, where only the police and the bad guys can have guns, you might say, "Of course, they shot him. He had a gun."

However, eighty percent of the people in Maine have guns, and it's perfectly legal for him to be drunk in his own home, and to have a gun in his hand. No one suggested he had pointed the gun at the police, or threatened them.

Another one was even worse. A man who was known to have mental problems was walking down a rural road waving a knife around. The reports were that he had shouted and waved his knife at a couple of cars that came by.

When the state police arrived, they spent a few hours trying to get him to drop the knife. He would wave the knife at them when they tried to get near him. He did not advance on the police, and was well away from them during this time. Finally, as if they just got tired of wasting time on him, they shot and killed him.

Since they were white, no one heard about these incidents beyond the local area.

Throughout the country, far too many police have been far too quick to shoot and kill, but I don't believe that they are, overall, racist in nature. Since white cops killing black people fits the media and current government agenda, these are the ones that you will hear about.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Yvonne Smith and Brittany Houser like this.
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

What you said does happen Ken, but look at it from the cops point of view. Every time they pull a car over or are called to a crime, they have no idea what is going to happed. They put their lives on the line every day. It's always been that way but lately it's gotten much worse. Cops have become targets.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  7. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Something's fishy in the Obama fish tank in the WH. The black community (Michael B. of F., Feddie G. of B. And Trayvon M. of Florida) received millions of dollar attention and personal visits to their funerals by Obama and his representatives, DOJ and FBI investigations.

We know why.