Have You Ever Attended A High School Reunion?

Discussion in 'People I Have Known' started by Magalina Lilis, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I never went to mine. I attended 3 different high schools since my father was military. The first 2 were wonderful but the one I graduated from was unfriendly. It makes me a little sad for the lack of "old friends". Military kids don't have "old friends". I always hear that there's nothing like old friends.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I went to my first one, a 5 year one in 1974!

Since my High School was in Pittsburgh and I left there at 19 it was always a trip for me....and I kept moving further and further away from Pittsburgh.

I do keep in touch with a few friends from HS on facebook though.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I never went to a high school reunion not even the 50th one. I was shy in high school and a bit chubby, so I stayed with my clicks which was 4 good friends. 3 got married and I lost touch with 2 of them and one I still keep in touch with distantly since her children came along who are now in universities. The fourth got pregnant and went in the National Guard I believe any way it was some kind of military she went to and we lost touch. I just never thought to go I guess it was not as important to me to go to a reunion. I'm with classmates.com and some parts are free and most of it is pay for to see. I'm on the free areas of classmate.com. Since you mentioned it I'll try to see if some of my friends are at facebook too.

4. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

We had one of the largest high school graduating classes at our school. 22 of us!! I attended our 50th last year. It was a small get-together at a bar. Most of the class still resides in or around our small home town and I guess alcohol is the entertainment of choice. Hadn't seen most in 50 years and don't really care to see them again for the next 50. When the significant portion have been living as neighbors for all time, we who did "escape" are outsiders and don't really fit in with the conversations.
    We attended my wife's 50th this past Spring. Her graduating class had over 300 students. She was reluctant to go, but we really enjoyed ourselves. Many of those who she remembered from school came from afar and we had some excellent conversations.
    Small town... many stay, being born there and will die there. That's their choice, but am so glad to have not been caught in that "trap". Larger town... so many have led lives outside the community and are so much easier to converse with.

5. Cheryl Torrie

Cheryl Torrie Veteran Member
    Registered

I have never been to a class reunion and I am sure I wouldn't recognize a soul if I went to one. I think that is what keeps me from going. I am a very social person and I think I would enjoy the conversations but I have been gone so long that I would look around a say "Who are all these old people?" May sound silly because they will all be my age but I remember the people from my graduating class as teenagers not as grownups, parents, grandparents. I recently met a cousin of mine for the first time as an adult and I literally asked him "so what have you been doing for the last 40 years?" It was kind of fun but a very very long story. I told him I could write his memoirs now. Perhaps I will follow the trend and return home for my 50th.

6. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I was never interested in going to a high school reunion. One reason I didn't enjoy facebook. All these people popped up from the past and I really don't know what to say to them.

images - 2019-08-18T184914.843.jpeg :D

7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Bess Barber likes this.
  8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I went to one early on, probably the 5th. Then lived too far away. That's my excuse anyway.

Bess Barber likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I never had one to go to.

Bess Barber likes this.
  10. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Went to 1 and those I did not care for then were still the same, those I did were all ok, will I go again I doubt it if it should happen, not my thing My life is just so different from most but it is mine and I love it.

Frank Sanoica and Bess Barber like this.
  11. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

What a totally cool attitude!

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I attended my 20th FUN!), my 30th (meh...) and my 50th (fun, again).

The rate at which my classmates are dying off, we'll be able to hold the 60th in my laundry room.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  13. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Being blunt here the reunion I did attend all I went to was the meet and greet not all the dinners and formal dance, just not me there, the cost to attend all was really way to much I had rather spent the cost on myself, son and animals than go to an event I really did not wish to really be involved in at all. I did meet a friend at the meet and greet that I stayed for hours and talked to and saw her several times more but she just lived to far away. We did keep in touch for a while. Go to another doubt it but if so would probably take my neighbor with me. As said just not me there, cant be someone I am not.

Heck I did not even go to my senior prom, my GF and I rode horses all night to another town ate and back, when others found out what we did they wished they also had gone with us. Mother said it is your choice so enjoy it, we did so, we left after pictures in prom clothes changed in barn to jeans we always had a total change of clothes in my truck then off to saddle up. We made the right decision for us.
    Did same for all night senior party at SMU, also same for senior trip but we went hunting for 3 days instead on an abandoned WW2 military site in New Mexico with federal forest service permission. Not much we did not do...

I did go to a Viet Nam military reunion and LOVED IT! That I would positively redo. Without thought on it. My kind of folks there.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  14. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Went to my 25th. There was never any after that because, I assume, everybody had moved far away.

15. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Nope never been to one,never will. Didn't care for most of those people when I was forced to be with them,damn sure don't care about them almost 50 years on! I still see most of them from time to time on the street or in the stores. Speak to those I want to, ignore the others.