Have You Ever Felt Deja Vu?

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Von Jones, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I often forget my dreams. But when something happens, even an ordinary occurance, a 'flashback', suddenly, of something I've seen before comes to my vission. And they always come from something I dreamt. Strange things do happen. Maybe, our dreams tell us, or give us the glimpse of future events in the timeline we are currently in. And we do, act upon them as they unfold. I should be deliberate in remembering my dreams.

2. Clark Smith

Clark Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to have deja vu once time but now the effect it seems to be disappeared. When it happend it was really weird because you just woke up and it seemed like you already had that experience back in the past and it puts you in a state on "what the hell...?"

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I seem to get Deja Vu at least once a few days, I feel like I have experienced the situation already, it's very weird and I don't know where it comes from.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Like most of you, I also feel Deja Vu once in a while. It is an unexplanable experience because sometimes it is so vivid that I seem to have already met a person that I was meeting for the first time. Another vivid experience happened on my first trip in Singapore. That place by the river seemed to be giving me another meaning or recollection that I couldn't specifically discern. It is like being in front of a buffet table seeing a dish that I seem to have eaten before but I couldn't distinctly remember the taste.

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

All of your answers do a good job of explaining Deja Vu, I have experienced most of the things you mentioned. A couple of the things I experience with Deja Vu that isn't spoken of by anyone so far is, I get a tingling sensation all over my body, and a few times it seems like sounds gets acutely sharp. When the sharp crisp sound is involved, it seems I get a lot more of the 'been there, done that' feeling. o_O

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Like the rest of you, I've felt Deja Vu several times in my life. The strangest was once I heard or read "Tavern on The Green" and felt a very strong pang in my heart and deep sadness. I could remember a lot of people, and the sensation of being outdoors and a long light colored dress. That's all and still today, even as I write this I can feel it so strong it almost makes me want to cry. I guess that's not really Deja Vu in the usual sense though, is it? Maybe it's something else.

Lara Moss likes this.
  8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

You had deja vu if you had the illusion of remembering scenes and events when experienced for the first time.

You had a sense of deja vu if you were just feeling familiar with it.

I think our brains are very much like a tape recorder with a rewind "button". That's why, as we get older, scenes/names/experiences from our past flash briefly in our minds and happens more and more as time moves forward. You hear of people saying they saw their life flash before them when having a near-death experience. I think that's all the things left over that hadn't already flashed before us already. But the deja vu is something else entirely. It's the illusion (or strong memory of reality?) of having been there for real in this life or previous life (as a Christian I don't believe in a previous life though…but it's tempting).

9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

After reading your post, Lara I think my experiences were just a sense of deja vu.

10. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Chrissy, don't go by my post because I used the Webster's definition and that's how they explained it but I think it's a fine line between "familiar" and "illusion of experiencing it for the first time". It's a little confusing.

Here's the real deal….I've had deja vu and immediately think, "I've been here before". But I think it's our brain rewinding and then quickly fast-forwarding back to where we are rather than where we've been. It's not a memory though. It's past in present. And then all of a sudden you're back to real present.

Does that make sense? It's kind of cool to experience deja vu but kind of scary. You wonder if you've lived this same life before. But I have a strong faith and the Bible doesn't support that thinking. Then I'm comforted by that.

I think I read something a long time ago about the brain rewinding and FFing in relation to deja vu. Not positive but vaguely remember something like that.

Cheryl Torrie likes this.
  11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

This thread should be called Groundhog Day (with Bill Murray)…haha, good movie

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  12. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I used to have lots when at school, but over the years they have tailed off, and nowadays I rarely get one.
    Yes I think its a mind thing, something along the lines of, ................we observe some event and its similar to the memory of a previous event, so the mind connects with that one in our memory for a brief moment, and it seems to be the same. o_O

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Bobby Gnomy

Bobby Gnomy Veteran Member
    Registered

On my first trip overseas, I was traveling throughout Europe and visiting some ancient Greek ruins when a feeling came over me, that I absolutely 'knew' what was around the corner. I had been there before in a previous life. There was no doubt in my mind. No way to explain it.

Von Jones and Ruby Begonia like this.
  14. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I have had deja vu. More often when I was a child than as an adult.

15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered