Hebrew Letters Show The Constellations

Discussion in 'Evolution of Language' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Harry Kemp - Yes that's what I think too
    I'm a Londoner by birth with strong Irish connections
    But have a strong pull to the North of England and mining !!
    Intellect is all very well Harry, but 'intuition' is far more important, as long as you heed it - ignore at your peril I say :)
    I believe we are here for a reason and to learn - to take with us when we shed this outer body

Harry Kemp likes this.
  2. Harry Kemp

Harry Kemp Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Patsy, I was born in Hillingdon, but before it was London. It was absorbed much to my mum's annoyance later. I think I have some Irish ancestors, but have never chased it up, not wanting to find the inevitable black sheep in the family.
    I agree I think we have to live as though we are learning a lesson, but have doubts about it. What about the people who suffer through those who don't learn their lesson. Hitler must be the dumbest soul to ever come to earth!

3. Patsy Faye

Registered

Some people 'never' learn Harry - I would hope 'Hitler' and his like, would be back here quick smart and he would suffer at the hands of a bigot - racist

Harry Kemp likes this.
  4. Harry Kemp

Registered

Hopefully with no clout at all and a shedload of suffering, but then what of the people who would suffer under a Hitler? How would it help their learning?

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Harry Kemp
    Ah well - what have we done in a previous life ...............?
    Through my own suffering, I have never asked why - but it has made me a very compassionate person
    I hate to see anyone hurting, physically or emotionally and I certainly was not brought up to feel emotion
    Its all down to 'learning' .............

6. Harry Kemp

Registered

Ah well, it seems strange to me not that I'm completely unfamiliar with the concept. If we do have past lives, we are only left with the tendencies and not the memories. Perhaps it is a case of something simple developing into something complex

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Harry Kemp
    I think the memories are there in the subconscious - I was always asking the question to myself, about things
    Did a lot of thinking :p
    Its amazing to me that people 'look' at a situation and that's it - no more thought to it
    I see this on 'Judge Judy a lot - she gives a very good summary of the persons actions before her, suggests where they're heading
    to which they nod in agreement, when they leave the court, out spews all the idiotic nonsense they were accused of and disregarding all that had been said !
    They looked - they nodded - and learnt not a thing .............

Harry Kemp likes this.
  8. Harry Kemp

Registered

@Patsy Faye, that's what makes me dubious about a learning process. The changes for some people would take many lifetimes. As I don't believe in magic, anything like this would be restricted to natural laws. Nature is very profligate and slow in its actions, but that seems very wasteful even for nature. I think the laws of conservation of mass and energy do back some sort of survival of death though.

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Makes sense though doesn't it regarding 'many lifetimes' until we learn .............

10. Harry Kemp

Registered

Still seems very messy to me, which makes me think, if the idea of something creating the universe has any justification, it wouldn't be some supreme being, but something that was evolving to a more perfect state and probably would be part of all life, maybe everything. Also what lessons would be here to learn? Imagine a man who bursts into a room and violently murders another because he has irrefutable evidence the man has committed terrible crimes ... Would he be 'advanced' because he had stopped the second man from committing more crimes or 'held back' because he too had done a heinous act?

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Harry Kemp - I don't know :D I'll have to think more on it
    I would be understanding though and see in his favour

Harry Kemp likes this.
  12. Harry Kemp

Registered

It's only conjecture, but makes more sense to me than a judaeo-christian god.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Life is worth some thought :D

Marilyn Pahl likes this.
  14. Harry Kemp

Registered

"The unexamined life is not worth living", as one of the Greek philosophers said. I used to love Marcus Aurelius' Meditations. He talked about controlling negative emotions in order to be a better person. Strangely - possibly influenced by Democritus - he did not believe in an after life. Also it seems bizarre for a man caught up in violent wars to write on being a better, more civilized person.

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

I like the above, makes sense to me :)

Harry Kemp likes this.