Hi-goodbye Coffee Opens It's Doors To Seniors, Only

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Joe Riley, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome Back Abby.
    Good to see you again

Unknown.jpeg

5. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

@Carlota Clemens that latte art on those links you posted was cool! I didn't realize how many colors there are available.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, yes, we are going to see the new one. We are seeing it in a 3-D theater. Same theater we seen Life of Pi. We are big fans of Star Wars, but will have to wait and see this one to see how it rates with 4, 5 and 6. Those ones I know very well. My wife bought me 1, 2 and 3 last year for Christmas. They are good, but I'm still a big fan of the latter three. We don't have anything (cups, t-shirts, whatever) from the new one.
    I'll try and upload us in our Halloween costumes. Wife has both a Stormtrooper and Princess Leia costume and looks much better as a Stormtrooper.

Lara Moss and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Cody, for the update on the BIG Day! Everything, I've read, makes it sound like this newest one, will be the best ever! Be sure to give us a review, when you get back from the theater, and include pictures!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Good to see you @Cody Fousnaugh , our resident "Retired Trooper"
    …or is that your wife you're Darth Vader?

tumblr_nqi7a42LNq1r7p67qo1_500.jpg star-bucks-wars.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  9. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

This coffee mug made me think of Mr Muggs on the Today Show, with Dave Garroway!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Wife has both costumes........Princess Leia and a "female" version of a Stormtrooper. The "female version" is somewhat different than the old "male" Stormtrooper. It looks the same in the front, but has no white armor on the back of the costume and comes in a much slimmer size that the male one does.
    I have the Vader costume. It was a cheaper costume, under $100, but I done some work on it to make it look much better....done some repainting and sprayed clear Lacquer on parts of the costume to make it look shiny.
    We both have full helmets (totally covers our head) and boots (mine, black/hers white) that we bought. The Blaster she has is a Toys R Us one that I spray painted glossy black and my Lightsaber is the FX one that we bought at WalMart.

Joe Riley and Lara Moss like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, we went yesterday evening and here's my take on the movie, The Force Awakens:

It was good, but we are still Star Wars Episodes 4, 5 and 6 fans. It appeared to both of us that there was much more fighting/battles in this movie, than in previous ones. I think the amount of fighting/battles was put in for the young kids/young adults of today that love playing those types of games on the computer, tv Play Station and X-Box. Did seem like the movie had similar parts from Episodes 4, 5 and 6 in it........which was ok with us. I don't know if anyone on this forum is going to see this movie, so I really can't talk to much about it right now. If nobody is, I will tell more later. Let's put it this way, there were definitely some SURPRISES in the movie!

We were sort of surprised that only a few folks were wearing Star Wars t-shirts. My wife wore a Star Wars t-shirt w/Darth Vader and some Stormtroopers on it, but it was over a long-sleeved pull-over shirt. I have Star Wars t-shirts, but it was too cold outside (even here in NE Florida) to wear it. I wore a regular long-sleeved shirt and a flannel shirt over it. The theater wasn't that warm.

We'd give this movie a "B" rating. Definitely not an "A+" or "A" rating. There were some "Baby Boomers" in the theater, but mostly much younger folks. When this movie comes out on rental, we will get it/watch it again and perhaps buy it. Like I said before, we are much more of the Episodes 4, 5 and 6 ones.

However, we did love the droid, BB8 and will buy a small one for my Star Wars collection. He will look good standing next to my R2D2 droid.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Joe Riley and Lara Moss like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

We are going to see it here on Christmas Day in the afternoon. I'm not a Star Wars fan and said I probably won't go but my daughter and grandsons say I should. I'll see....

Now that I read Cody's review and hear that there is more fighting I'm having second thoughts. I'll probably go just because it's a family time opportunity but may close my eyes. :)

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, the battles/fighting didn't bother us for us to close our eyes, it's just that we thought there was more than in the other episodes. We've got movies at home that show killing and the such, so we're not against those types of scenes in a movie, but too much of it can get old. Anyway, I'm a Navy Veteran/Vietnam era and was over there onboard a destroyer firing at enemy positions from the water.

There was one part that my wife did shut her eyes and turn her head into my shoulder. It was a scary scene taken in a dark cave.

Joe Riley likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It's not that I'm squeamish , Cody that I want to close my eyes. I can look at violent things I just don't enjoy Star Wars battles.