Hope

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by George Lorenzo, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole
    Would love to, but it's done! Actually, everything's done, because I work so fast, I'm always finished!
    Frank

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This isn't about catalytic converters.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

my bad...…...sorry.....

Now, if the thread were about the "hope" that Mr. Obama tried to provide, here's a very nice link to enlighten our viewers.
    Now do note: I have not proofed any one of the 252 documented examples, but if anyone finds one that is not true, I would like to know about it and discuss it further.

https://www.infowars.com/252-docume...as-lying-lawbreaking-corruption-cronyism-etc/

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Probably most everyone here has already seen this excerpt from Obama’s entry into the Harvard Law yearbook; but in case someone missed it, it does claim that he says he was born in Kenya.

4F8614FA-1DB5-4A8B-AF6B-F44EB7094250.jpeg

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Before Obama, I don't think we've ever before had a president who wasn't vetted by anyone. With a participatory press, they were able to manipulate the climate so that it was political suicide for anyone to even question the questionable aspects of his supposed history.

Don Alaska, Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    True enough! It was a statement of my own personal reaction to the OP, and what I was going to do about it, which I did. Frank

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Bye, George!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

By Jiminy, has George left us? I HOPE.

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Obama's history never made sense to me--born in Hawaii to a Kenyan and an American (but I think he was allegedly conceived in Kenya), then he and his mother moved to Indonesia, where he was raised as an Indonesian Muslim, who then moved back to Hawaii where he spent his teenage years smoking dope and playing basketball but not much else. Then he went to one of the Ivy League schools where nobody remembers him--even people who supposedly took classes with him, then one to law school where again no one remembers him. He spent most of his years in the "mainland" U.S. consorting with Communist agitators form the 60s and 70s, and was elected to the Illinois Senate, where he was a mediocre legislator who did little other than vote "present" on a few bills. He was then elected to the U.S. Senate, where he spent a partial term, again in mediocrity. His medical records were sealed, his academic records were sealed, and his birth records were sealed until years of protests produced a poorly-documented copy of a document that attested to the idea that he was, indeed, born in Hawaii before moving to a third-world country for his childhood. What's not to be believed?

A much more plausible early history has him born in Kenya, moving to Indonesia, then on to Hawaii. His academic records are sealed as he received scholarships as a foreign-born student with dark skin to provide diversity for the various institutions he attended. He was presented as a "Constitutional Scholar" but I believe his courses taught how to avoid the obstacles of the Constitution and work around it as a Progressive.

11. Ken Anderson

Uh huh. Bizarre. Yet anyone who dared question any of it was labeled a kook.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

But if his mother is American, he is an American no matter where he was born.

13. Ken Anderson

The qualifications for president require that the person be a natural-born citizen, however.

14. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

It was widely understood and accepted during the time the constitution was being written that a natural born citizen was some who was NOT required to go through a naturalization process. The 1790 naturalization act which included over half of the constitution's framers indicated this point.

"And the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered natural born citizens".

15. Ken Anderson

It's not that simple. It was made simple only by virtue of the fact that to even question the legitimacy of Obama was made out to be racist. Had Obama been a Republican, we'd have seen a huge investigation. At this point, I don't care so much about the matter because it's done, but I hope that history will one day record that he was a man elected to office with almost nothing in the way of vetting.

There is a discrepancy between the birth certificate which he was very slow to produce, and never actually did produce; rather, someone from the Hawaiian state government, one of the most liberal in the country, verified that he had been born in Hawaii.

This contradicts the book jacket, and Obama's own words while promoting his book, which stated that he had been born in Kenya. If he was born in Kenya, then he is probably not a natural-born citizen, for reasons stated below, and it would also mean that he lied later when he said that he was born in Hawaii. If he was born in Hawaii, then he lied about being born in Hawaii, and either one of them should have been a disqualifier.

He couldn't both be telling the truth when he said he had been born in Kenya and later, when he said he was born in Hawaii. Both cannot simultaneously be true.

When he decided to run for president, he said he had been born in Hawaii. When verbal confirmation of his Hawaiian birth did not satisfy everyone, he produced a facsimile of long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate, which many claim was not in use at the time of his birth.

There were conflicting reports as to which hospital he was born in, and neither of the two hospitals that were, at various times suggested as his place of birth, had a document signed by a doctor that attested to his birth.

Generally ignored was that a birth certificate was found registering the birth of Barack Obama, Jr. at a maternity hospital in Mombosa Kenya, indicating his birth to a Kenyan father and US mother.

Simply having one parent as a US citizen would not have qualified him for citizenship if he was indeed born in Kenya, as his mother was eighteen at the time, and did not meet the residency requirements for passing citizenship on to her son. The law stated that his mother would have had to have been an resident of the United States for at least ten years.

When Obama's mother married an Indonesian man and took her son to Indonesia, where he lived until he was six years old, he would have been considered Indonesian. Birthright citizenship, as presently interpreted, did not begin until the 1960s and was the result of bureaucratic, rather than congressional or judicial, decisions.

When he registered for school in Indonesia, he was listed as Barry Soetoro, and identified as an Indonesian, and his religion as Islam. Dual citizenship was not legal in the United States until 1967.

According to US law at the time, Obama's mother would have lost her citizenship when she married an Indonesian and moved to Indonesia.

When she moved to Hawaii and divorced her husband, she could have regained her US citizenship by taking an oath of allegiance to the United States, but there is no record that she did that.

When Obama traveled to Pakistan at the age of twenty, he used his Indonesian passport. Had he attained US citizenship, he would have had a US passport.

Bobby Cole and Joe Riley like this.