Hot Air Frying / Air Fryers

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That was one of the first things she cooked in it. It was the second, I think. The first was french fries, which didn't come out very well because it was necessary to spray a small amount of cooking oil on them in order to keep them from drying out. The chicken came out as good as by any other cooking method she's used.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

OK, the chicken was pretty good. (I actually don't like baked chicken much but I like to use the leftovers in enchiladas, soup, etc.) It got a thumbs up from the husband. I'm not sure I'd bother with this again; the price of a raw whole chicken isn't much different from a cooked rotisserie chicken and with the rotisserie there's no air fryer to clean up.

IMG_7502.jpg

Yvonne Smith and Thomas Stearn like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

The air fryer that I bought my wife for Christmas quit working a few days ago. Actually, it could be used but something had gone wrong, it seems, with the switch that let it know that the bottom part was in because it was necessary to slowly move it back and forth, over and over, until the light finally came on. She couldn't get a response from the manufacturer, it being a Chinese company, but Amazon refunded the money. The one I bought had good ratings, and she liked it, so she might order another one of the same fryers, but I suggested she look around at others, particularly if she could find one that wasn't Chinese.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

Good luck finding one not made in China. :D Mine is called "GoWise USA" but it's made in China. :rolleyes:

5. Ken Anderson

That's probably true. When I worked in the paper bag industry, we had four different kinds of bag machines. Three were made in America, but the only one that wasn't was the American Newlong, which was made in Japan.