How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

54°F and sunny. Beautiful day.

Don Alaska and Von Jones like this.
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

It's raining and 56 degrees - pretty gloomy outside - bare trees, patches of brown grass , dead leaves sprinkled every where you look, cats cowering from the rain under cars waiting for the right moment to dash so the rain won't get them. Shivering let me get back inside. :rolleyes:

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

10 F. and several feet of snow on the ground. Two or three inches of new snow overnight, but no wind to blow it around. Definitely a white Christmas.

4. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

Just walked my dog in capris and a tee and a zip up sweatshirt (that's what I was wearing, not the dog,) so, yes, still unseasonably warm. Still working for me. Off to the gym!

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Wind wind ,wind. Cold ,cold, and wet at times. The blizzard conditions in other areas is not that far from us.
    /in this 106 year old house- it is a bit drafty.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For the past few days the forecast has been for rain starting yesterday (Monday) evening and continuing through tomorrow (Wednesday) night. That was still the forecast when I went to bed last night. In fact, it started raining about 10PM. I woke up this morning and there's no rain, and the forecast says it's not gonna start again until 9PM.

7. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We are on the edge of the blizzard here. It’s cold and windy with very little snow. The sun is trying to come out. It’s miserable outside but a lot better than being in the middle of it all. :)

8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I still feel like I am wintering in Oklahoma. It was drizzling a bit when I got up. No freezing.
    Funny thing on the way to the farm I saw a truck with all its running lights on at 9:00 in the morning. It is grey here but not that dark.
    Anyway, I noticed the name on it was Wiskow. I wondered if it was a play on words as it was an empty cattle hauler in Wisconsin.:rolleyes:

9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

-20 F. this morning, so things are a bit crisp outside. A number of our Christmas visitors put off playing outside until after Christmas. They may regret that. We had a Christmas some years ago --I may have already posted this in the past--when the house was full and the garage was full of new born goats. The temp that week never got above -40 F./C. so everybody was stuck inside and all the vehicles were in the weather. That was a tough week!

10. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Well it’s officially summer in Aussie land but you wouldn’t know it …where we are in the city (till tomorrow) part way up a huge part of the Adelaide hills it was 13c (55 f ) about lunch time on Christmas Day according to our car thermometer when we was leaving to go to family’s for lunch

Normally we’d expect the temps to be between 30+ up to 40+ (91~ 101 F)
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-26/coldest-christmas-day-in-adelaide/103265038

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  11. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’m glad we are well away from Queensland / NSW and parts of Victoria at the moment those states have had horrific winds / rain and hail with some lives lost and allot of homes businesses / schools / unroofed / flooding

Queensland and parts of NSW that boarder QLD is very humid in summer ….and it’s normal to get lots of rain but it’s been to the extreme with the storms they’ve had over Christmas

Victoria can …have 4 seasons in one day …..they to have allot of horrific storms .

We had 3 inches of rain about 2 weeks ago ,..omg we normally get excited if we get a fraction of that ….it rained for 2 days TBH I can remember the last time we actually got ….an inch of rain in one day

..( hubs measures and keeps a daily tally on his computer of rainfall) think he said it dated back 10 or 11 years ago we got an inch of rain in one 24 hour period……let alone getting 3 inches …

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...istmas-storms-deaths-missing-qld-victoria-nsw

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Ahhhhhh... the smell of goat kids and warm milk in the morning.:rolleyes:

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Down to -27 F. this morning, the coldest morning so far this winter. I believe it is supposed to moderate next week, but it will probably snow if it does. The sky has been crystal clear with a beautiful full moon--"The moon on the crest fo the new-fallen snow gave the lustre of midday to objects below." :)

14. Kate Ellery

Registered

20c ( 67f ) forecast to today ….would you believe it’s summer here in Aust IMG_7843.jpeg , we are still wearing jumpers

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's 32 degrees F here right now, but it feels a lot warmer than that. I guess 32 degrees at the end of December feels like summer. I took our trash out to the transfer station today in short pants, a tee-shirt, and moccasins without socks, and it wasn't uncomfortable.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.