How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher and other Houston people - how are you fairing the storm there? 69 and high today 84- sunny in SW Kansas

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It's pretty awful right now. Worst is "supposed" to be over by 2-3 p.m. Lots of trees/branches/fences down and there are whitecaps on the pool. Over 2 million people without power (including us). We'll set up our generator once the storm passes; I hope power won't be out for 2 weeks.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is good to hear from you, and hoping that the worst of it passes over by this afternoon. I have been looking at the pictures online, and it looks like people right on the beach are still in their beach house trying to go through the storm, and now saying they are flooded in. How did they not know that would happen ?
    I can understand you staying home and sheltering, you have done this before and know you are in a fairly safe place from flooding; but those people right on the ocean beach should know to get away from there when. Hurricane comes through.
    Prayers for your safety, and that the power outage is not too long of one, @Beth Gallagher .

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Beryl is tiptoeing in. I'll probably be up tonight to see what kind of appearance it will be.

[​IMG]

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Since I don't watch local news anymore, I did not realize that Beryl was gonna impact that far north & east:

Beryl.jpg

We're getting some rain here in central VA tomorrow night and then a real storm on Friday. Dunno if it's Beryl.

Don Alaska and Von Jones like this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

At approximately 1:12 a.m. EST I believe it could have been one of Beryl's big feet came passing through. You know when your foot lifts up to move forward. Very swift movement too. The storm lasted about 20 minutes. I glad I didn't put a CP application down as planned.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  7. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It has been overbearingly hot and humid for too long. AC is running overtime out of necessity and reminds me of when I had a job and was stuck inside in an unnatural environment. Got to get out and breath.

8. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Cloudy and humid today. We had the remnants of Beryl yesterday; storms passing through with 4 inches of rain. I have family in Texas that are still out of power.

Hope you weathered the storm @Beth Gallagher.

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Go out about 5:30 6am. It's light and about as cool as it is going to be.

Ed Wilson and Don Alaska like this.
  10. John Brunner

Looks like we got Bits o' Beryl heading our way, along with Multiple Alerts!!!!

[​IMG]

Thunderstorm Watch AND Heat Advisory!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

It's 117 degrees here and it's 3:27PM PT. Last night at 9:30PM, it was 106 degrees. We made a HUGE mistake in moving here! However, "it is what it is". We will be checking out Prescott, AZ in mid September. Have our hotel room there all set up. We will either wind up in Reno, NV or Prescott, AZ by the end of next June (2025).

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh my! The weather looks to be sobering up, mid summer.:) Will have to replant some things killed by flooding rains. But now the rainfall is back to normal. I have been having to water some things every day, like the pots around the house. No more full buckets of water standing around from rainfall. I cleaned out the chicken 'pond' yesterday and will clean the sheep water buckets that had remained full for weeks. The sheep found their water elsewhere.
    Two really hot days this week close to 90. but basically it will just be summer in the 80's during the days in the near future. One good rain day this week.
    It is kind of sad that local corn crops look horrible but to the south I saw some alfalfa being put up on high ground and it looked like you could make soup with it, it was so lovely. I was getting kind of worried the sheep would have little food without hay.
    I have been glad I don't have a cow lately but kind of miss them.

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sunny and temps around 70 during the day, but it was 45 last night. It has been predicted to rain all week but nary a drop has fallen. I was supposed to rain all day today but nothing so far and the sun is shining.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  14. John Brunner

We are in a drought situation and it was supposed to rain all day. Once again, the storms fell apart. We've had showers off & on, but more off than on.

I don't know how my well/aquifer is few/replenished, nor do I have any idea how much water is down there.

15. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you know how deep your well is?

Same here. We had less than 1/4" rain in over 30 days. I'd watch the radar and the clouds would part just before they got here. Half would go north and half south. We did get 1" three days ago. I didn't have to water the new grass for 3 days. :)