How Do You Feel About Trump Now?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There was no mystery about Trump's character. Personally I think his tweeting about trivial stuff is a way to distract the democrats, to keep their focus on crap while tries to get what he promised done.
    Medicare as a problem to pay for is not new. A reduction in payments is projected for 2033. Those younger seniors here might be affected. Others like myself have other things to think about. During the previous 8 years jobs in the lower paying service area were touted as a great thing. Lower paying jobs translates into less money going into soc. sec. exacerbating the problem. What is new is Trump trying to get higher paying manufacturing jobs back in America.
    The wall and slowing the influx of illegals another major challenge. Far to many dumb liberal/progressive Americans think no borders is the way to go.
    Trade deficits another area left for him to work on. A delicate difficult challenge.

IMO Trump is trying to improve America's financial footing while being obstructed by democrats that want to keep previous status quo. Strong leadership takes variuos forms, Trump's style is restrained by our constitution. Dictators had a free hand to quash those opposing their style

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The media has a way of intentionally redefining words to place Trump in a bad light. Greatness doesn’t mean that you support a person’s agenda or methodology.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump places himself in a bad light by showing up.

Mary Robi likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I disagree. He placed himself in the best of light! He showed respect.

5. Lulu Moppet

Registered

I'm a New Yorker. We know a con job when we see it. "Known" Trump since high school. Give it time.

Nancy Hart and Mary Robi like this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste.

7. Lulu Moppet

Registered

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Unfortunately, we do disagree here. In most cases, D.Trump isn’t the most diplomatic person to enter into his position at the White House, but not to show up would have been disastrous both in political diplomacy and in an ethical point of view. If he intentionally stayed away then he would have severed ANY ties that he might have with the other side of the aisle no matter how meager they may be.

In truth, had President Trump shown up with a host of angels gathered around him, he would still have received the ire of someone with a voice.

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Are we mixing up 2 threads here, Bobby? I had to check where I was! If you are speaking of the funeral, Yes, I think it was very good that President Trump showed up to pay his respects to GHW Bush. I only saw highlights of the funeral in DC, but today got to watch the Houston one. Oak Ridge Boys and Reba McIntire performed. Very moving.

Bobby Cole and Mary Robi like this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Probably so Lulu. But then perhaps that puts me at a loss as to what you meant by “not showing up”.

I do realize that many people do not like the president ad interim and some even go so far as to not recognize any good in whatever accomplishments he may have performed until now.
    But thus far, I can’t find myself doing that with any president we have had. All have done something good, no matter how much I may not like them and for whatever reasons I did not, nor do not like them for.
    Even if I cannot see any benefit for myself, certainly there are obviously people who did and do.

But here’s where I really stand.
    Excluding my wife, I trust no one. Be he or she a politician, real estate developer, lawyer, preacher, teacher or even the little old lady who makes candles on the corner. No one.
    But, I do look at the positives and negatives and when the positive aspects outnumber the negative then that is who I will favor.
    Huey P. Long was one of the most conniving, controversial and money grubbing governors the state of Louisiana ever had, but he did more for Louisiana than any governor ever has.

I like Trump. Not because he’s the smoothest, most polished and politically correct person that could enter the White House, but I can see that what he is doing is pro United States and moreover, pro veteran.
    Not since Ronald Reagan have I seen a president go so far to make peace with our military veterans than D. Trump has thus far.

12. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Bobby: "But then perhaps that puts me at a loss as to what you meant by “not showing up”."
    Well, you see, Ken said: "The media has a way of intentionally redefining words to place Trump in a bad light."
    Soooooo, I responded: "Trump places himself in a bad light by showing up."
    which was my obviously feeble attempt at a play on words for a joke. Because, if a person has to explain a joke, it ain't funny.
    --The END--

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

ah....ark ark. (humble take on Mork from Ork). Don’t worry, I have a sense of humor but lately it gets lost sometimes....kinda like my glasses even though they are on my face. :)

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I understood that the dying G.H.W. Bush asked that Trump be at his funeral. He was a great diplomat despite his and his family's distaste for the crude man from New York. The funeral shows that Democrats DO love Republicans...as long as they are dead.

Bobby Cole likes this.