How Do You Feel About Trump Now?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, military training has a way of removing any and all grey areas from one’s perception of things.
    i.e. Weapons manufacturers do not make guns ergo soldiers do have have guns, they have weapons.

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

How long were you in the service, Bobby?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

In only one way do I wish I had made it a career but I actually crammed what seems to be a lifetime of experience into 4 years of service. Vietnam era.

The one good thing military service did for me was to take an already highly aggressivel analytical person (from birth it seems) then helped me focus that talent. I see the probabilities in things that some others might think impossible hence my reasoning for being a nearly 70 year old bodybuilder whose hobby time is spent with quantum mechanics and such things.

Yeah, I went off topic for a bit.
    My bad. Back to the president......

Lulu Moppet and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I would be being remiss if I didn’t break into this (off-topic) discussion to add that those qualities are also part of what makes you such an AWESOME husband, @Bobby Cole , and the talents show up in unique and enjoyable ways (not going to say more about that.....).

Babs Hunt, Bobby Cole and Lulu Moppet like this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

In my opinion, the Republicans in Congress have used Mr. Trump to achieved their same old agenda:

1. Tax cuts for wealthy and corporations (the old "Voodoo economics")

2. Judicial appointments
    Support for big money in politics (Citizens United), and side with big business in lawsuits.

Executive orders can be undone.

If things don't change, foreign countries will form economic alliances, leaving the U.S. out of major decisions. China will become the economic super power sooner, rather than later. It's always better to be a player at the table. Not sure if that can be undone easily.

I hope the Democrats in the House can learn how to play Mr.Trump the next two years, just like the Republicans did the first two. Very short-sighted strategies for the Republican party, as usual. The Senate will go Democratic in 2020 now, I think.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I don’t know Nancy. It’s pretty scary the way the whole schoolyard sandbox is being used.
    I’m actually looking a bit further ahead than 2020. What I seriously do expect is that after D. Trump’s tenure, 3rd party politics will split the house and the senate which will make them even less palatable and manageable.

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm late to this thread so I'll have to go back in time. I was unsure about him when he first announced but when I heard him talking about things that noone else was talking about I got behind him. I'm think that at this point he's got a tough row to hoe because of the go-along-to-get-along people in his party. A lot of them seem to be interested only in making sure that they stay in office until they can amass a small fortune.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that most of us were unsure at first, @Al Amoling . In fact many people , myself included , throught it was a joke or some sort of promotional ploy.
    I don’t watch television, so I barely knew who he was , but remembered he was some rich guy who had a scandal when he got divorced a few years back....... definitely not someone whom I expected to be a serious contender for the presidency.
    Pictures surfaced of Trump and Hillary, so then it appeared that he might be somehow actually trying to help her win, and we still expected him to drop out at any time.
    However, as time passed, and we actually listened to what he had to say, I came to realize that this man was an actual patriot, one who does truly love this country, and wanted to help us get back on our feet as a world leader.

Since he already had everything in life that he wanted, and was ready to just sit back and enjoy his family; it truly shows how much this country means to Donald Trump, that he gave all of that up to live a life where he is ridiculed every day, everything he does is shown in the most negative way possible, plus he has threats on his life and his family’s lives as well.
    I think that this man is doing a great job as our president, and I pray for his safety, as he puts his life in jeopardy for America every single day.

Al Amoling and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Donald Trump is just what this country needed for a long time...a non-political leader!

We elected him because he promised to build a wall around our Sovereign Country to keep out those who would wish to spoil it.

Hal

Ken Anderson and Al Amoling like this.
  10. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't know if this is true..but reported he is pulling out 240 troops from Syria.

Leave it up to the Russians to save Syria from ISIS

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Saving Syria shouldn't be our responsibility, and if humanitarianism had anything to do with it, we'd be more concerned about several other countries.

Al Amoling and Tom Galty like this.
  12. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Like Yemen.

13. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Uh-huh.

Hal

14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Mr. Trump did a good thing this week, signing the bipartisan Criminal Justice Reform Bill. It's a step in the right direction. Improves some parts of the Crime Bill President Clinton signed in 1994, that went too far, imo.

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If Trump is bringing our Troops home...I'm sure he has a very good reason for doing so. We don't need to lose anymore of our young people in Countries that really don't give a damn about us.