How Do You Feel About Trump Now?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It's a given that it takes some time to get to really know the 'who's and what's of a forum. For the most part, none of us has actually met each other face to face so it's hard to know the reality of things as they are.
    Anyway, give it some time Joy. None of us, or at least the folks I am familiar with are trying to be "in your face" kind of people but we all do have our own opinions and liberally write about them.

For me, the word "Hate" for another human being is a hard thing to fathom. I have no hatred for any human even if I do not like them. When someone says that they HATE D. Trump so therefore they hate the presidency of the U.S., it doesn't make sense.
    There are a lot of things I do not like even about the president but that doesn't mean that I can't like and respect the accomplishments of that person.
    There are a lot of people who love the ground that Obama walks on but I for one have no use for him but that doesn't mean that I hate him nor the people who adore him. They have their world to live in and I have mine but I do wish that at some point the two worlds can come together and accomplish something other than how they feel emotionally about an individual.

Is it right that we should sit around and do nothing about solving a problem but talk about hating a person who is? Certainly, it is better to do something even if it turns out badly than to sit and do nothing.
    If people would at least offer up some solutions to problems it might catch on and we could all start heading for that peaceful state that we all wish that our leaders past, present and future should be focusing upon.
    Jacking our jaws without a solution to the problems we face does very little except to disturb a few million molecules in the air and bring a negativity to what could be a positive moment in time.

Alas, I have digressed several times but the bottom line is that everyone is welcome here who wants to build whatever it is that they wish to build provided that a peaceful attempt is made when building it. We will all have our own opinions about what color or framework your building might be, but for the most part we all respect that it's your enterprise and wish you the best.

2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't use the word HATE, and don't with DJT, just don't like him and his history.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Fair enough.
    Granted, we expect more out of our leaders than we expect from ourselves, or, is that too a fair thing to write?
    I too am part of the government because I too am a citizen of it and like everyone else, I too have a “history”. Why is it that we expect our leaders to have some great personal history but our own can be something akin to a horror story? Don’t know why but I am guilty of such a thought process but is it right?

I have a saying that I repeat nearly every day when someone asks how I am: The Lord woke me up and gave me yet another chance to get it right”.
    In so many words, I am admitting that I deserve nothing for what I have done but I am given the chance to do better today.
    Now, looking outwardly, shouldn’t I accord others with that same value? Isn’t today far more valuable than what is left behind?

What I am driving at is really simple at best. I may not like what Trump has done in the past but it was his life to either screw it up or make something out of it. It wasn’t my life, it was his.
    He made something out of it and today he is the President of the United States and thus far, no matter what I think of him personally, he’s doing a heckova lot better than I could or for that matter, anyone I can think of.
    There is no one else on this forum or any forum that I know of that can put up with what he has had to put up with and still get things done according to his own promises yet, it would seem from many who write that they could or put up some persona that they would be able to if given the chance. It’s pure junk mail and everyone knows it including the person writing that mail.

It seems that every time I am painting a house, there is always someone around who will advise me on how to do this or that. It’s like playing solitaire, people just turn up unexpectedly. My saying to them is that if they can do better, here’s the paint brush. No takers thus far.
    We can critique the sitting president all we want but if no one steps up with doable solutions then what good is the critique? What good is disliking the president to such extremes that that dislike or hatred is getting in the way of progress?
    Find me someone who isn’t interested in their own back pocket and has some real solutions and I’ll back that person. Until then, I’m leaving this guy alone because (1) I can’t do any better than what he is doing and (2) I haven’t seen anyone in 20 or 30 years who has fulfilled so many of the promises he made before he became the president.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joy Martin

Agreed. And understood.

Frank

5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bobby Cole "The Lord woke me up and gave me yet another chance to get it right”.

Billy Joel, when asked to explain his longevity: "I am not dead yet". :D

Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Joy Martin

Registered

Oh I just checked into the political group on my "home" forum and someone posted "why trump will win again and gave 4 reasons" and another member said:

Vladimir Putin
    Vladimir Putin
    Vladimir Putin
    Vladimir Putin

It's a huge forum and a large cross section of both parties.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Joy Martin
    I simply fail to understand how a foreign country, save for it's "stuffing the ballot boxes", might be able to sway a major election here.

Perhaps I am naive.......
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh, they do it by buying Facebook ads after the election is over, Frank. Devious people, those Reds.

9. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

With all dew respect to my American friends dems not included

Think they just showed up the American stupidy and it worked to the tune of $25 million.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica, it has almost nothing to do with ballot boxes.

It's the spread of disinformation on social media. The goal is to sow distrust in democratic forms of government. Make everyone think that their government is so corrupt they turn against it. Make everyone think that nothing can be believed anymore, so people turn against each other.

The Russians have been trying to sow discord among citizens of democratic nations, including European nations, for decades, long before Trump. They would like nothing more than to turn everyone against NATO. They started with this internet social media campaign around 2013. They aren't going to stop all the sudden just because of one election.

It just takes a handful of people to do this on the internet, with the help of a few in this country who are just in it for the money, possibly not even aware of the ramifications.

Just keep paying attention to what's going on, with an open mind.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

How all the dark world works, who knows. Every time I turn on my news like NPR, I watch no TV, Trump has gotten off the phone with Putin for an hour or so conversation. What's that all about...Is that truth. Does Putin speak English, does Trump speak Russian. Are they discussing Trump Towers for Moscow? I recall that Obama and Putin barely spoke.

Now that Trump is presdient the Russians are our good friends?????

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

I do love the internet it jogs your memory .

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politic...about-obamas-meeting-with-putin-in-2013-dobbs

13. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

@Joy Martin.

I watched this clip a couple of days ago you might like it.

14. Ken Anderson

In this task, they are working in collusion with most of the Democrat Party, about a quarter of the Republican Party, and most all of the US media.

15. Ken Anderson