How Much Do Stores, Amenities Mean To You?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Kitty Carmel, May 28, 2017.

1. Clare Smith

Clare Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, @Frank Sanoica I live in a subtropical area, which means, very hot and dry summers, humid, cold winters, a spring full of birds and flowers and a fall with yellow leaves and plenty of fruit. Actually the south of the country is considered an area with the most distinct seasons, and that's why we received many settlers from Germany and Italy around 200 years ago. They compared the region to Europe, and helped to develop the country. Anyway, the black scorpion we have here is kind of a 'domestic' one (not sure if they can be named like that).
    cit-rs-peonhentos-bombeiros-26-728.jpg

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_3251.JPG IMG_3252.JPG oh dear @Frank Sanoica you have some scary looking wildlife where you are ...however in Australia we have the deadliest snakes in the world ....luckily we don't see many , I've seen a couple out here ..in the middle of farming land ,where we have exclusive use of a otherwise abandoned hall to do a little dancing practice with another couple .We have to be careful going to,the toilet as it's not unusual to see a brown or a red belly black snake in the loo ...

Photo of hall built in 1945 inside of hall it has a beautiful,jarrah floor ideal for dancing..that's hubby setting up our mini stereo

http://www.australiangeographic.com.../2012/07/australias-10-most-dangerous-snakes/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kitty Carmel @Ina I. Wonder @Clare Smith @Yvonne Smith
    Done deal, then! Will do it in "Diaries". Be ready for my long, drawn-out reminiscing, but unusual life-long adventure-desire!
    Frank

4. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

@Kitty Carmel We do enjoy living near a large city.
    At this point in our lives, we really don't mind the 'hustle and bustle' of city life.

I enjoy stopping at the coffee shop near the Vanderbilt campus
    and listening to the 'young folks' interact.

I figure there's plenty of time to settle down in a quieter
    setting around others our age.

Just not right now.

The City seems to keep us feeling younger.:)

Clare Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. I'd like to live 'across the street from, or next door to' a grocery store, because obtaining necessities is difficult when the weather's bad. But as far as entertainment stuff, I don't care, never bothered much with that kinda thing anyway.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I stay away from stores the don't have clean public restrooms or no restroom at all or restrooms that are male/female designated they should be separate. When I walk into a restroom that looks and smells clean someone cares.

Janice Martin and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Ann George

Ann George Veteran Member
    Registered

We've lived in small towns for the last 25 years and two years ago moved back to another city. I prefer to be close to amenities because I don't want to drive too far to do errands, plus I like the option of taking public transit if necessary. I also like being able to have more choices re comparision shopping. There are some nice wooded areas and parks close by so our pooch is happy too. :)