How Was Your Day? Come And Share With Us

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Talking about bugs, people should visit Florida. It is well known for lizards and bugs. The Water Bug, cousin to the cockroach, is definitely found here. They can be as big as a man's thumb and can run super fast.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Are those the palmettos, @Cody Fousnaugh?

First time I saw one was when I was visiting my sister in New Jersey and we took a trip to her condo in Palm Beach, FL.

Most were dead thankfully because she has pest control but they're ugly!! Reminded me of a cockroach but worse!!

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes. About a year ago, I remember talking to a lady who had moved into the complex with her older son. I just happen to overhear her complaining on her cell to someone about these bugs in her apartment. I talked to her for a minute and told her that these bugs and small "Gecko" type lizards were all over the place during the Spring/Summer months. It was really obvious to me that, like we were when we first moved in, she couldn't believe these bugs were in apartments. We simply got use to seeing them and would kill them when we would see, and be able to catch, them. She told me "I can't live like this!". She talked to office management and they told there basically the same thing I did "these bugs and others, plus the little lizards, are just a part of living in Florida. We have an exterminator that will spray." I think she probably broke her Lease and left. Haven't seen her.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

We finally made the trip to buy some leathercloth to replace the worn out seat on a chair, it involved a trip on the metro plus a tram ride, but there had been a motor accident blocking the tramline, so we walked the mile or so to the warehouse................it was in the back of beyond and we had to go through a security gate and given a password to get out, all very Soviet style... [​IMG]
    Walking back to the metro I did my falling over trick and fell flat on my face on a gravel footpath, and bruised my hands [​IMG] it's evidently one of the side effects of my BP pills, falling over [​IMG]

On our return Lisa went to the doctor who gave her an indefinite sick note (which she wont use), and said there was nothing they could find, apart from an excess of something in the blood, which was connected with the cough, but Lisa can't recall the name of it. [​IMG] .....It's just a matter of waiting for the cough to go of it's own accord...

Our scenic outing................... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Falling seems to be one of the things I'm good at lately.:(

I spent the morning power washing the windows. My legs are hurting now.:eek: I'm just not able to stand very long anymore.

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Terry Page

Registered

I seem to fall in a similar way to a drunk, who being relaxed rarely damages anything. I simply got up and carried on as if nothing had happened, except for bruised hands and blood coming from my fingertips like a vampire........plus a torn coat pocket......

This morning I woke with a some pain from a bruised knee and a rib, but apart from that I am fine. I think my BP pills upset my balance somehow, so if I trip I can't seem to re-balance myself, I just stagger and fall down face first. [​IMG]

Yes @Sheldon Scott I try and sit down whenever I can these days, even when peeling vegetables or stocking up the fridge ;)

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

just-stopping-by-to-say-good-afternoon-graphic.jpg

and hope everyone's day (or night) is going well. :)

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Terry Page

Registered

We spent a lovely day in Yelagin Park which is on Yelagin island and was originally the grounds of the summer palace of Tsar Alexander I, it's a large area stretching up to the Gulf of Finland and today was a perfect day.......... summer at last, .....blue skies in the 70's and the delayed annual Tulip festival in full swing, we wandered for a few hours discussing the meaning of life and Goethe and other such trivial matters [​IMG]

Then we had lunch at one of the park restaurants and sat outside in the sun living in the moment.... for a while......

Here are some photos I took ....

The mosaic at the top of the escalator on the metro station we used...

[​IMG]

Boating on one of several lakes..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Palace which is now a museum...

[​IMG]

An Enthusiast of the UK [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of several wedding shoots we came across, it's a popular place for weddings
    [​IMG]

Our Lunch in the park...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Terry Page

Registered

I have never been to the tulip festival here before, I was impressed they have over 140,000 bulbs with 120 species...it was lovely to see the old babushkas enjoying the flowers, ........ as well as all the families......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The burger van at the entrance.... [​IMG] I have never had a Russian burger so no idea what they are like [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Beautiful tulips!

I bet the burgers didn't taste anything like you're used to even in the UK. When I lived in Hungary the burgers at the McDonalds didn't taste anything like the ones I was used to at home. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Terry Page like this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Love your pictures @Terry Page Thanks for taking us along with y'all by sharing them.

My day has been wonderful just because for the first time in 5 days I did not have one irregular heartbeat icon show up when I tested for them. :)

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad your okay :)

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Just got back from taking daughter for a surgery where the nerve in her back was severed with heat.Took her dog, then we ate a bit. Turned on news...no bombshells dropped on the hearing that I can tell.Then off to the store later..then pick up grand daughter.....head back home..cook..lolol basically ame ole stuff...but hey...after seeing all those chronic pain patients at the clinic....I am alive and well :D

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I usually don't share my day cause it's boring..usually but today started off badly.

I was cleaning the hall bathroom, had my hair in a high ponytail from last night and it's a pretty long tail...lifted the seat and poured some comet into the toilet bowl, then I went on my knees and started to clean the bottom of the toilet and was reaching to the back when my pony tail went into the toilet bowl...UGH.

Thankfully the shower is right next to the toilet and I jumped in there... needed to anyway a bit later...glad I didn't pour bleach into the toilet as sometimes I do...comet isn't so great either but still better than bleach.

Maybe that was a sign that I should rehire my cleaning lady that I had 8-9 years ago. I can afford once a month for sure. :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I would have jumped right in the shower from that experience too @Chrissy Cross! :eek: I was looking at the back of my toilet today while I was cleaning the bowl...and it needs cleaning too...but that is going to be on my list for Monday and I'm going to make sure I put a note on my list to make sure my long hair is "put up" so there's no chance of it going in the toilet bowl. :)

This past week has been stressful for a good part of it and so I'm going to spend most of my weekend destressing and having some fun with my Honey. Yesterday we took ran a few errands together and stopped at the Library to get me some new books and then at Lowe's for his stuff. Except for taking him to work sometimes it's been a while since we have run any errands together and it was nice having him with me. :)

Hope you have a good weekend Chrissy.
    18839382_1678830182159672_4825147032103079252_n.jpg

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.