How Was Your Day? Come And Share With Us

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeep me to. Beginig to limber up a bit.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We are doing good here in Northern Alabama, too. We also have had rain on and off for the last couple of days; so God is keeping our little garden well watered.
    Things are growing.
    We found some time in between the rain, when it was so hot and humid, to go out back and paddle around in the little backyard pool. It is just a small 12’X30”, so not really large enough to swim except around and around, but it is wonderful to get into the cool water and splash around and get cooled off.
    I got my hair cut for the summer, and clipped the poodle, so he is happier now, too.

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better, @Gloria Mitchell .

Not much going on here today. It is miserably hot outside already so this summer will likely be a miserable one. I didn't go out to the pool after all but I will tomorrow for sure. I like to get my 20-30 minutes of sunshine three or four times a week.

I was reading an article yesterday about the residual chemical compounds from SUNSCREEN that they are finding in people's bodies... what a surprise. :rolleyes: I have always believed that a few minutes of sun is preferable to slathering chemicals all over the body, or just wearing clothing/hat that will give coverage.

For dinner I made buffalo wings and fries in the air fryer for my hubby, with a side of coleslaw. I wasn't particularly hungry so I had a ham sandwich on wheat bread with a cold beer.

I'm waiting on the UPS truck. I ordered some new OPI nail polish and it's coming today. I need to re-do my pedicure ASAP.

Patsy Faye and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

I wish my ear infection would go away :(

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Aw, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, Patsy. Hope your ear gets better soon.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell, I must have missed your post about your ear infection. Hope it goes away soon.

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Have you got an ear infection Gloria - its a pain we can do without ain't it …..
    @Gloria Mitchell

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Ear infections are so painful, hoping that yours goes away soon, @Patsy Faye ! I always use a lot of hydrogen peroxide in my ear if I get an infection, or just anytime that one of my ears feels strange at all, so the peroxide can prevent the infection.
    Lots of Vitamin C helps me, too.

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yvonne, I get a lot of problems with my ears far too often, so I'm interested in what you say
    Sounds a bit scary but I would like to try it
    I had the pain 6 days before I gave in to antibiotics which I am now taking, I would love to find an alternative
    treatment @Yvonne Smith

11. Yvonne Smith

All that I can say, @Patsy Faye , is that hydrogen peroxide has worked for me for years. The formula for it is H2O2, so it is one molecule more of oxygen than H2O (water). That extra oxygen molecule is why a bit of peroxide in plant water helps house plants so much, too.
    I use it in my ears, anytime that I think I might get any kind of infection, because many infections start in the ear, and then spread to the nose and throat.
    I also use peroxide as a nasal spray, and it helps to clear out my sinuses. (This burns like crazy when used full strength, so maybe try a diluted version first if you want to try this one) It makes me sneeze, but loosens up all of the collected junk in my sinus, so when I blow my nose , it cleans that out.

I get one of those generic bottles of nasal spray, empty it out, and then fill it with peroxide, and it works for putting drops in my ears or spraying into my nose.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

So I go to the pharmacy and ask for H202 ?
    How do you apply it to the ear ?

@Yvonne Smith

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Hi everyone. Patsy, I hope your ear is improving and you feel better today. Not much going on around here which I suppose is a good thing.

I got my nails all done which lifted my spirits a little, though it didn't do much for the dusty baseboards, haha. Now I've got my swimsuit on and I'm about to head to the back yard with my book. I hope I don't scare the neighbors but if they are spying then it's on them. :p

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I'm annoyed to find that overnight, Windows has updated and now I'm getting all kinds of pop-up crap about "features." Oh, leave me alone, Microsoft!! :mad:

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hi Beth, only a slight improvement so far, so I'm banking on tomorrow to see a better result, this is my second day
    on the antibiotics :)

@Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

ask for Hydrogen Peroxide. Put a little on a Q-tip to put in your ear. That's what I do.

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.