How Was Your Day? Come And Share With Us

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Awwww.... (((gentle huggs)))....I'll send you my little friend hottie, to put behind your back....I know EXACTLY how you must be feeling... :( hope you feel a little better when you get up.

Karen McKenzie and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page , Refrigarator BIG - Chrissy LITTLE. - Don't do that!

I spent half of my day yesterday at the doctor's office. I wonder just how hard it is for them to keep a straight face while them scare the *%@)^! out of you. First he asks me how close my nearest family was. I told him 40 miles. Then he tells me to go to the nearest emerancy room if I feel anymore chest pains before I can get in to see the cardiologist.

So I'm waiting on a cardiologist to call me sometime this week. My doctor faxed an appointment request to a cardiologist yesterday. Something about my heart rate being too slow, and possible congestive heart failure.

I look it up online, but I guess I'm a medical zombie as well as being a tech zombie, because the information went into my brain, and then oozed right on out.

So now I'm waiting to see when my appointment will be, and what kind of tests, so I can figure out how much that will be costing me.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

So far my day is the same as everyday since I came home last Tuesday. Up too early, not hungry, not dressed and filled with hate for someone that hurt me so deeply right after my mom died. It was the fact that she did this at my lowest point that I can't seem to get past it. I can't even mourn my mom.

Don't tell me to get over it because right now I can't. Didn't want to post this here but maybe someone can help me get over this. I feel I'm not going to end up in a good place....I've never felt like this towards anyone before.

Maybe I should have posted this in the help section....or mental health. Ken can move it or delete it if he feels it's wrong to post this.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sometimes, just doing something physical will help with those kinds of deep feelings, @Chrissy Page .
    When I lived out in the country, I could just go out and "walk it off" when I was that angry and hurt at someone.
    The worst was when my ex-husband walked out on me.
    He went to an AA meeting, and didn't come home. Two days later, he called to tell me he was in love with someone else and never coming back.
    I was devastated.
    I sat in the middle of my bed and cried day and night for almost three months. Robin would come and get me on weekends and take me to the ocean.
    I cried my way through the weekends, too.
    I just couldn't get over it, and let it go, no matter how hard I tried.
    One night, I just started getting mad about it all instead of crying. I went outside and took the splitting mall and started splitting up the wood in the woodpile. I screamed and yelled, and split wood until I was too exhausted to move, and dragged myself back inside the house.
    Somehow, it helped me, and after that, I still was hurt and angry; but I was able to move past it all and start picking up the pieces of my life again.
    I am not suggesting that you need to do something that drastic; but you can punch your pillow or something like that and holler until you get hoarse, and it will help get some of that anger out and not just stuck there inside of you.
    Or go for a walk, or maybe a swim.
    You have all of that adreniline coursing through you and no outlet for it right now.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Problem is I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty weak, I don't even have the strength drive to the store. I take care of my dogs basic needs, shower before bed and stay in my jammies all day.

I'm not a baby who can't take something said in a PM or on a forum.

I've been on forums at least 10 years and have had some nasty things said about me, and I've said some nasty things about people also, but never when they are mourning a loss. Nobody has ever done that to me before and I've never done it to anyone either.

There are lines you just don't cross and this I think is why I can't let go.

I had to go to the Dr. Because of this... I felt so sick. I had a regular wellness check up for July 1st but I felt I was getting a bleeding ulcer. I got meds for sleep and anxiety but it's really not helping.

Only thing so far that helps has been looking for images that convey my mood and putting them in my photobucket.

Yvonne, I can image the pain and anger of someone leaving you, although I haven't experienced that so much but there were times I was angry but somehow managed to get over it without any physical
    Pain...maybe some emotional.

I feel this person has cheated me of the time I wanted to mourn for my mom. Sadly I will still have to go through that whenever I can get past this.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Today was a tiring day due to allergies and the heat. I slept off and on all day. My son volunteered to cook a simple supper and we watched a movie together. I am glad it is evening with the intense heat behind me. Looking forward to peaceful sleep. I am grateful that i am in fairly good health with a fridge full food and a roof over my head. Small things like these help me feel secure and contented. Night all.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday was a perfect day here in the country , after a bit of gardening in the morning, we walked the couple of miles into town, more an overgrown village really, and bought some more plants, mainly pansies.
    Then we went for lunch at our newly found local restaurant, it's only our second visit, but the waitress remembered us and bought an English menu for me and asked if we wanted our usual dark beers, I was impressed
    The food was good again, so we spent three hours there and pigged out [​IMG]

The restaurant:

[​IMG]

A few pics of the food....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Dear Lord... @Terry Page , I'd forgotten all about this thread...it's been a very long time since anyone posted on here...:D

Can't say how my day is yet because it's not even 10am yet..but yesterday was a very hard long day at work. I was totally exhausted by the time I got home, and sat down at the computer to look at the forums and emails... and fell asleep sitting up in the computer chair... managed to find my way to bed and slept until 6am this morning..

Torrential rain yesterday... but today is glorious sunshine, but I have to wait in for an Amazon delivery..

Hedi Mitchell and Terry Page like this.
  9. Terry Page

Registered

It's interesting looking in the vaults at times @Holly Saunders , you find all sorts of history in there ;) sorry your yesterday was so hard, hopefully today will be better....:)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Ha!! I may just get the time at some point to have a search through old forums ..I'm sure there's a lot of interesting stuff out there we'd forgotten about.. ;):D

11. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My whole weekend has been a joy because I had my youngest grandaughter 7months old. We played, talked and took naps together. While I was playing a game on the computer I'd see her little finger reaching for the keyboard. We played peek-a-boo her way. She likes to take a blanket and cover her face and while kicking her little feet frantically. I'd say 'What ya doin'? and she pull the blanket down and on her face was this big smile then she would quickly pull the blanket back over her face again. It's adorable.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

ooooh she already sounds like a smart cookie at such a young age @Von Jones ...so cute at that age when they're just finding their own little feet and toes etc... :)

Von Jones likes this.
  13. Terry Page

Registered

We enjoyed the potato pancakes (dranikis) so much at the restaurant the other day, I cooked some for dinner as a side with sour cream to a chilli bean dish I made, they turned out fine, so good in fact that Lisa wants them with every meal now [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hedi Mitchell and Von Jones like this.
  14. Clare Smith

Clare Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Very busy day! Started work at 7 am and had a break at 10. Went to Pilates and returned to work again. Worked from 11 to 16 and left to take my laptop for fixing in another town. While I was there I visited a cutlery shop and bought a couple of things. There was a grocery store next to it and I went shopping again. Drove back to my town and went to the butcher's to buy my dogs some bones. Returned home to leave the shopping. Back to work and worked for one more hour. Now home sweet home. Phew!:rolleyes::p

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

@Clare Smith what do you do for a living that gets you out of the place so many times...I would love a job like that..lol :D

Today is my day off...

...yesterday I worked from 7am until 6pm..it was high mid 80's degrees and high humidity and no fans or AC where I work ... then when I left work I did the weekly grocery shopping... came home put it all away.. absolutely exhausted after a very hard day... and sore.. went to bed at 9pm...that was my day!!

Today so far I've been up since 6am... made an egg sandwich on wholemeal for breakfast.. helped my husband pack some of his techi equipment in one of my best cases to take to work with him...with dire warnings to take care of the case..

been out in the garden generally tidying up... spent some time on the forums...had 2 cups of tea... and apart from a few chores today..I have no plans to do anything much,,I'm just going to rest.. it's 10.30am now.