I Have Spent The Day Thinking 86 Years Of Living

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Lon Tanner, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh

Of all the things, skills, I have managed to master over the years, none were intended to use for earning a living......I swore when I was self-teaching myself to run a metal-turning lathe, I would never do it for a paid job. Same is true of welding, hydraulics, sheet metal work and auto body, carpentry........why this struck me so, I never knew. I DID acquire valuable knowledge later, ~ age 30, pursuing my degree in Engineering, where much of the applied stuff I knew and did became clearer from a theoretical standpoint. After that, then, I "had it all"!

Frank

Maggie Rose likes this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I had been married for 32 years when my wife died of Pancreatic Cancer. It was a great marriage and I liked being married. I wanted to meet some one and marry again. Friends and family all had prospects for me to meet but I was determined to find the right woman on my own. I love to dance and went to several dances sponsered by the Singles Club that I had joined. The Club sponsered a Night At The Zoo which was a real experience. Some of the ladies that I met and was introduced to should have been in cages themselves. I enjoyed the Margaritas and hors d' oeuvres provided by the Singles Club but just didn't click with any ladies.
    I hadn't retired yet, that would come six years later and I continued on my own looking for the right lady and dating several.