I Love 'The Voice'

Discussion in 'Music' started by Maureen Suggitt, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Maureen Suggitt

Maureen Suggitt Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not usually a big fan of TV shows but I am really digging 'The Voice' and love how the coaches battle it out over this years greatest ever talent. They really do a great job bringing top talent from all over - all types of music to the stage to audition.

The fact that they can't see the performers makes it even more real as they really are picked based solely on their voices. I also love seeing the big guns of music come out to help in coaching sessions - what a thrill and opportunity of a life these contestants have.

Susan Long likes this.
  2. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't really watch television, as I prefer watching my own streamed shows, but I used to love 'The Voice' a few years ago when I was watching it with my wife. I think I just liked hearing to potential new stars, and I liked feeling the pressure when a contestant had to choose a star to be trained by.

3. Teresita Campaner

Teresita Campaner Veteran Member
    Registered

The franchised version of "The Voice" in our part of the world keeps me glued to my TV set and makes me proud to the many discoveries of people, young and old alike, possessing golden voices.

4. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

This is one of the reality shows that I really enjoy. I like the positive bent of the show. Unlike some, like "American Idol", where the judges are snotty and mean, the judges on "The Voice" are positive and constructive. I also like that the contestants get to work with the judges and we see them actually coaching the contestants to improve their performances.

To me, this is what reality TV should be about - showing us talent, but also teaching us about something. For the person sitting at home, it should be enjoyable and positive and make you feel good. It shouldn't be about making fun of people or seeing if you can make them cry.

My favorite is "So You Think You Can Dance". The dancers are extremely talented, and it's fun watching them learn new genres of dance, of them being pushed out of their comfort zone, and learning (and mastering) a new style.

5. Susan Long

Susan Long Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a BIG fan of the "The Voice" as well. I look forward to Monday and Tuesday night so I can see Pharrell Williams. I like his modest style and wisdom that always spills out during his dialogue.