I Need Help With This Old Pyrex Professional Kitchen Timer

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by John Brunner, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have a clock/timer on my stove.:rolleyes:
    I used to have a resale business as I loved collecting antiques. But then everyone wanted new not antique around Obama time. Sorry I don't have your manual.

John Brunner and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Nancy Hart and John Brunner like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thanks for checking, Mary.

I've always preferred old stuff that has a legacy of ownership to anything fresh off the shelf. If I had a business such as yours, stuff would constantly rotate into my house...and likely not back out again. Back in the 80s, I took an antiques class from a guy who took us to his shop to see his stuff, including a chair from Mount Vernon he had been hired to restore. In a way I'm glad I did not give in to my desire to invest in anything significant. The market is flooded as Boomers downsize, and people like being more mobile these days so there's no demand.

Regarding my First World Problem, I'm thinking the thing is not meant to shut off (since it's turned on the moment batteries are installed.) I mean, clocks never turn off, right? And LCDs consume less power than anything else. So it's on my fridge being used for now, though I may end up giving it to Goodwill. My other timers retain their time setting when I silence the alarm, so I can rotate foods halfway through and then just hit Start for the second half of cooking (or increment from that point.) This one resets to 0:00 when I silence the alarm, so I have to set it again. But I like the alarm it has...really loud & obnoxious.

Mary Miller and Joe Riley like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is such a cool site!

I like this one:

[​IMG]

I know we have tea drinkers here. This one is cute. When the time is up, it lifts the tea ball out of the cup:
    [​IMG]

Von Jones and Nancy Hart like this.