If They Would Just Come Clean, Then...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Mikhail Bulgakov, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

So, @M. Bulgakov , do you think Ilhan Omar's apology is sincere?

2. Mikhail Bulgakov

Mikhail Bulgakov Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've not heard her apology Shirley, and didn't know she'd attempted one, so thanks for that, I'll look. But, without looking, I can say I have no way of know if her apology is sincere. I guess, if you start from a neutral position, refrain from labeling yourself or others, you could make an opinion based on what she says and does in the future, but it would still mainly be an opinion. And, no disrespect to you, I try and not voice that kind of opinion, unless it's necessary.
    best, M. Bulgakov

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It all has to do with the narrative if some people are are tried and convicted in the media and never did anything others are as guilt as hell and the media will not talk about them. A good example were the kids wearing MAGA hats and the media found them guilty of everything you could have thought of. Later through the the alternative media they found it was all a lie. I guess coming clean only works if the media is on your side.

Mikhail Bulgakov likes this.
  4. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Forcing an apology does not correct what they did wrong.

If they woke up late and didn't make it to a 9am meeting until 9:15 then yes that can be forgiven.

If the wrong that was done is a crime then an apology does not fix it.

The American public is not stupid and the assumption that the American public will forgive is a very large one based on nothing.

Along similar lines is the statement that so and so accepts full responsibility.

What, exactly, does that mean?

It means nothing .. it's lip service to deflect pressure from themselves.

If they were to truly accept full responsibility they would be appropriately punished for what was done.

If politicians were held to the same rules and consequences as the American public, perhaps our entire system would run better ... at the very least we would not be encouraging, rewarding or harboring these folks and allowing them to be criminals without consequences.

Ken Anderson likes this.