Ike Willis

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Ike Willis, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Chrissy!

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Here is a list of Things to Do in Muscatine, Iowa. The Three I chuckled at are:

Contrary Brewing Company
    [​IMG]

The Junk Asylum
    [​IMG]

Weed Park
    [​IMG]
    I'll bet each one has a story!;)

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

OH I love this pic....this makes me feel a lot better knowing God is taking over Dad's care now, when I couldn't do anything more....he's pain free now....LOVE THIS <3 Thank you !!

4. Ike Willis

Registered

I don't know if it matters about posting his real name !?!? But his obit is in the Muscatine Journal if you would like to see it...We used this same pic for the obit....thanks again everyone !!! <3

5. Ike Willis

Registered

This is Bethanne....I LOVE this....beautiful...THANK YOU !! <3

6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis
    How poignant that is. Draws a tear from even this recalcitrant old fool. I now wish I had been privileged enough to have met Ike during years back. Bethanne, I have never before seen a forum member's heirs respond to their deceased loved-one's forum members. Bless you for having the forethought as well as bravery, to do so as you have. You represent a reflection back upon Ike's wonderful abilities. Frank

7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

The messages show not only how much Ike was loved and appreciated, on this forum, it also shows how many nice caring members we have in here SO ..

I remember Ike went, missing and because he hadn't been seen online and effort was made to find out if he was OK at the time ..(Sorry if I've got that mixed up with someone else but I think I'm correct)
    Big hug all the way from Australia for you Bethanne @Ike Willis

8. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I am pleased you liked it Bethanne, your dad was such a good storyteller of times long past, he has left all of us a rich treasury of memories of the full life he had, which was portrayed at times as sad but also rich, funny and fulfilling ....... told with his unique blend of wit and wisdom.......I also learnt a lot about a country and way of life of which I knew nothing, .........take care Bethanne and thank you for keeping us informed.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

bb8578d0faf26378048b5be4d11c4276.jpg

@Ike Willis I see you so clearly this morning in Heaven free from all pain and illness, enjoying the foods you had to give up here on earth, and making new stories with your mom and dad and friends you told us stories about who were there to welcome you home to heaven. I know that mansion Jesus prepared for you is everything you ever dreamed it would be and I see you sitting with your friends on your porch drinking that mug of coffee and looking out at the lake you caught that big fish in yesterday. Save a seat for us on that porch Ike...we'll all be coming eventually to sit a spell with you and listen once again to the stories you tell so beautifully. You made the world a much nicer place Ike and I'm glad you will know all the joy of Heaven now. Wish you could sent us a picture of our heavenly Father and Jesus now that you are face to face with them. See you soon Ike.

10. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott Thank you so much for the link. I greatly enjoyed reading through the contents. Any one of us could only hope to meet such universal acceptance of Ike's stature among on-line friends, after we are gone.
    Frank

12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Bethanne. I'm sadden to hear about Ike. His soul is at rest now but his spirit will still be with us here. I hope you find some time to enjoy the stories he shared with us 'cause we all did.

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  13. Ike Willis

Registered

This is Bethanne again.....I spent quite a while last night reading back posts....was laughing & crying !! No wonder my Dad loved it here with all of you !!! I want to send a BIG THANK YOU to Ken Anderson & all of you for sending flowers for tomorrow's service !! Thank you for going thru the trouble of finding where he's from & sending cards last year & now the flowers !! I don't know the rules on these forum as far as posting real names & info, so I didn't. Dad was sure good at finding forums...LOL I recall him telling that he's gotten kicked off quite a few !!! But once again GOD BLESS YOU ALL for

14. Ike Willis

Registered

Bethanne here again....I read your post twice, with tears...thank you for your kind words !! Seeing the love from his friends on this forum is really helping me A LOT with what I have to go thru...LOVE to ALL ..THANK YOU !!! <3

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Some of us use our real names, others don't, but I think we're all pretty genuine in what we say, and we will genuinely miss your father.