I'm Excited

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Kate Ellery, May 25, 2016.

1. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in North Texas, the heat has let up a little this week. Last week we were dealing with humidity and heat up to 108. By the end of the week, Mother Nature was on her knees. Today, however, is much better, The humidity has let up and it feels around 100 degrees outside. Those 8 degrees make a lot of difference.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Records set throughout the Southwest yesterday. Officially, we had 120`. Some readings were a few degrees higher, taken in various other places in the "Tri-State" area, the "point" of Nevada surrounded by CA and AZ. I believe Needles (CA) recorded 122`. Our humidity at noon was 5%. The evaporative cooler which keeps us alive was dropping the temperature of the air passing through it and through or home by 40 degrees! It was comfortable!
    Frank

3. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

14242503_1089229327781207_6685375647661394886_o.jpg Pip youngest son caught a snook tonight on Marco Island.

4. Tony Britton

Tony Britton Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in California the drought has taken its toll. We're certainly hoping for a wet winter!

Tony

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tony Britton , I wonder if we could figure out how to send some of our Texas flooding via a pipeline to your California? We made a pipeline for oil, why not water? Until then, I guess it's still up to the Creator.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Overall, we haven't had a lot of rain this year. They are calling it a drought and yeah, I can see that some of the ponds are dry, but no one is dying of thirst in Maine.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

We haven't had much rain here either. August was exceptionally dry. We had some rain about a week ago, that gave us some badly needed moisture, but it wasn't alot. Some years we do go into drought in late Septemember. The water level at the lake is low, but as low as it has been some years. Some years a sandbar is exposed and the Canadian geese hang out on it.

8. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

Pip learned a lot from catching his fish. He had to release it because it wasn't 28" legal size it was 24." And second of all he wasn't holding it properly it should have been held under it's belly.

9. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

sometimes it does get outta control

[​IMG]

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We have had another drenching yesterday ,so far this winter we have had double the normal rainfall ( the highest on record) We are 200 km from the Adelaide Hills,they received double the rain we received yesterday,they are having trouble with minor landslides and flooding ....Its spring time here and it's freezing,it was 10c here yesterday ..our normal daytime temps for this time of the year should be about 22--24 c .This time ...last year we had daytime temps nudging 30c +